Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pembrey

Simon.Rogers1

Big thank you to Simon, and Mark for all the organisation. A very enjoyable event... Certainly gets a big *thumbup* *thumbup* from me to return next year. Maybe I'll have found some driving skill by then so I can keep the Saga-7s out of 3rd spot in class 2!!! 😬 😬 😬 😬

Well done Fiona *thumbup* *thumbup*, Simon's got to be worried by this much pace so soon 😬 😬

I recon we should look into getting a lady's car between the girls to share, save the wear & tear on the hardcore blokes cars 😬 😬

Richard, all I can say is class 6 went with a bang & alot of smoke 😳 *thumbdown*

Edited by - DSL on 10 Jul 2006 10:39:01

Its too graffic to go into on a public forum such as this, even amongst friends 😬 😬

Needless to say another engine bites the dust *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

Looks like oil sandwich plate came loose= loss of oil pressure = rod making a bid for freedom 😳 *thumbdown*

Anyone got a Busa engine going begging 🤔

I can offer it a short, but glorious life 😬 *thumbup*

*thumbup* *thumbup* great weekend

the shirts were a great idea Simon 😬 and a nice touch *biggrin*

The paddock banter was in full swing as per usual *tongue*

Class 3 is an interesting contrast to class 5 . Class 3 is all about maintaining momentum on a reasonably fast course such as Pembrey - I guess a similar thing would occur at Llandow, Mira and longcross? . Where as class 5 is the similar cornering speeds but you arrive at the corner quicker and then have to deal with power oversteer on the exit . The class is also close in times as the range of modifications are more limited - but saying that Shelsley in class 5 was very close together the other week .

I dont think all the mods in class 3 make much difference at all +/- 30bhp , I think R300's should be allowed in class 3 *tongue* *biggrin*

see you all in a few weeks *smile*

Dave

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Thanks to Simon & Mark for arranging a great weekend. Brilliant venue - general concensus appeared to be that we'd like to return (despite the long haul home for many of us). The light shower and breezy conditions on Saturday night made camping an interesting experience - practice that sun dance Mr Rogers *thumbup*

Andy N.

Very interesting to try and remember a full circuit after only one practice lap - major disadvantage for a Saga Sevener! Especially as I completely ballsed up that run by forgetting about the right hander after paddock *eek* *eek*

Don't worry Neil as long as we get at least 5 timed runs I should be able to leave 3rd spot to you 😬 😬.

Not a bad idea about the girls all sharing a car - but can you imaging the difficulty they would have agreeing on a choice of matching interiors and colours which didn't clash with the race suit 😳 😳

Thanks Simon and Mark for organising it - I still think the original idea for wording on the shirts would have been better - it would have certainly have given me more to be smug about than Andy who came first 😬

Mike

The Saga Sevens in Class 2 couldn't face the long haul back home last night so we had another night's B&B and took a leisurely drive back today with the M4 and M25 behaving themselves.

A great weekend and would agree that this should be on the list for next year *thumbup* - but only as a three quarter lapper. Life's too short to spend waiting between runs for the long course.

Definitely glad they stuck in a third timed run on Sunday and I was able to uphold the honour of the Saga Sevens and beat a novice into third place 😬

Well done Fiona *thumbup* A brilliant performance. You put me to shame 😳 as does Kate 😳

I woke up this morning aching from head to toe but with a face like this 😬

Like other Saga Seveners, I did have trouble with the long course remembering all the corners and exactly where I was and was enjoying myself so much I went for the extra lap 😳 No telling off by the clerk of the course though - phew At least I didn't try to get back into the pits via the pit exit 😳 😳

Short course on Sunday was great *thumbup* and, with time for the extra run, I've returned home with a very happy hubby 😬 *thumbup* A case of been there got the T-shirt *thumbup*

Commiserations to DSL, hope you get it sorted soon.

Mrs K

Question for TM.

Have you checked yor logger yet after Pembrey. Adrian and I have been comparing entry speeds into Padock. 😳 😳 😳 😳

15 mph difference.

When I kept it on the road. *confused*

Also just been comparing Sat/Sun. At the point of Sunday's finish I was .8 sec up on Sat times. I had been 1.5 sec up by Spitfires 🙆🏻

Fastest speed through Woodlands Kink 105mph - Honda 95mph 😬