Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shiftlights - one to watch out for...

Myles

A couple of people at the Cambridge Treasure hunt this evening were pondering using the curved style unit and I promised that I'd put up a link to some templates so you can try them for size. As promised you can find the PDF file here www.g2.nu/chris/misc/shiflights/cutouts.pdf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by way of an update we've now got 15 orders for shiftlights and I note that Fluke are going to start selling the shift-i unit for 99.99+vat, details on their website here

To recap, the bulk buy price is 72 pounds all in and at this point I just need an email to chris@g2.nu saying whether you want the straight or curved style ASAP if you want to get in on the deal. This is the last bulk buy of the shiftlights that I'm organising so after this one closes you will be best off going to fluke to get hold of them.

Edited by - Chris G on 14 Jul 2006 11:38:10

Latest update:

The call for payments has now gone out. If you wanted to get in on the bulk buy and haven't received an email from me please let me know ASAP. If you've been thinking about a shiftlight but haven't so far made up your mind then you still have until the 23rd July to make your mind up and get payment to me, email me privately for details of how to do that (pay that is, I can't help you make up your mind :-) ).

Chris

• 2 months later...

I've finally got around to installing the shift-i shiftlights, and I'm very, very pleased with the results.

It's a doddle to install (three wires), and the programming is straightforward.

Upper and lower shift points are manually settable (to any value you want), there is a choice of 6 or so shift patterns - dot, bar, either with red lights flashing, or with all lights flashing, even a 'both sides' mode where the bar starts from either end and meets in the middle..

Plus you can set it to monitor battery voltage, or just give volts on ignition-on, and revert to shift mode 3 sec after cranking.

I didn't have to tweak any settings at all, other than the shift points, using the spare tacho connection under the dash (car is EU3 K-series 1600)

Its a cracking little unit, looks great and does exactly what it says on the tin, beautifully. And for £72 bulk buy price. Even at the £99 FLuke are charging it's a steal.

Many thanks to Chris G for organising and to the Aussie dude who makes them! 😬 😬 😬

Martin

Aero'd Roadsports B with a garage slowly filling up with upgrade parts

Martin,

Wholeheartedly agree. Superb unit and so simple to install. The only thing I needed to change was the sensitivity which was preset to 6 and needed to be at 4 to prevent flicker with my EU2 1.8K 😬.

They are especially good when you get out on track.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

I find the battery-level indication (esp. on cranking) to be very reassuring too. I haven't attempted to calibrate it, but I've learnt the normal behaviour and it gives me something to watch out for.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just got mine direct from the colonies for for £76 and no import duty *thumbup*

Can anyone supply the pinout for my tacho 🤔 (it's a 2003 EU3 with standard "Caterham" branded instruments) I assume that there should be +12V, GND and a Tacho pulse all on that connector.

Cheers,

Richard.....................

Photos here

Richard,

Make it simpler than worrying about pin outs.

1 - Connect positive to a terminal on the back of the ignition switch that comes live when key switched to on.

2 - Connect earth to r/h scuttle mounting point

3 - Connect signal to spare signal cable (white with black tracer) that is already in the loom (for Stack IIRC) and has a spade connector already waiting for you to plug into.

This way you don't have to cut into any cabling *thumbup* 😬.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Thanks Steve *thumbup*

I had remembered that there was some "spare" wiring in that area *smile*

Thanks for the info.

Tom,

I just ordered mine direct from the company in Australia via their website and paid using Paypal. A very neat little box turned up 6 days later and the UK taxman didn't even want a cut *thumbup* (must go and lie down in a dark room 😬)

Cheers,

Richard...................

Photos here