Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirrors

Dan Salter

I just received some pictures of the ones advertised in Low Flying. They don't allow the doors to be fitted while the mirrors are attached. They are intended to be a replacement for the door mirrors when the doors are removed. I can forward the documents to you if you wish. Contact me offline.

I just posted a question on the Chat area about "Mike mirrors" which are SPA models bolted direct to the hinge. This looks like a pukka solution.

Mike's mirrors!

Slarty Blat Fasttongue.gif

I was taking a look @ the hinge/clip on mirrors and took the view that they would be fine with the doors off, but you take them off when you put the side screens on, because the side screens would have mirrors on them already. (Carry them in the boot if you wanted to swap around and have the safety of hood in the wet weather. (Her indoors, in the passenger seat objects to getting wet !)

Looks like the SPA mirrors screw onto the windscreen from the inside by replacing the original 5mm screw and nyloc with a screw and mirror. Looks like a neat solution, but how far can you open the doors?

On a different vane, does anyone remember what replacement mirror is needed to convert standard Caterham door mirrors to convex profile?

yup, i forgot to say, you can't open the doors fully, but they are such pointless flaps of fabric, that i either don't have them on, or if they are on, just have learnt to get out of the car as if they weren't fitted. that way i brush them open only as far as i need to and the mirrors aren't touched.

my girlfriend on the other hand is pathologically incapable of being near the car without forcing the door into the mirror. but hey, if she's in the car, she fixes the mirror !!!!

a minor inconvenience for such cool mirrors.

j