Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Gauges from ThinkAuto

Chris Norman

So fed up with dodgy electric temp and pressure gauges I ordered from Think Mechanical combined Oil pressure/temp and separate water temp gauge. Think were very helpful on the phone. Great.

Gauges have arrived and the sender part of the temp gauges will not fit into the water rail fitting/apollo the fittings are way too big. Water rail and apollo have fittings for standard VDO senders. The sender unit is connected to the gauges and cannot be changed, so have I been sent the wrong gauages or am I missing something - do the mechanical sender units require fitting to different points on the water/oil system?

Chris

Hi Mick,

I'II give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the sizes. Interestingly the oil pressure pipe and fittings seem OK, probably just me being a numpty 😳 and not explaining correctly - they (Think) do seem very good.

Thanks *thumbup* *thumbup*

Chris

quick tip

don't cut the "senor" off your temp gauge "wire" as it will be buggered and will never work again.

i have seen folk do this before and they have been better qualified as engineers then yourself.

If the fittings on the gauge are too big then you may have to get some inline adapters made up.

The happy handle made me do it

here