Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K1600 ECU/fuel injector problem...ideas?

Unclefester

*arrowup*I dunno!!! I know bu55erall about FI problems!

I know it can happen with carbs though, thought there were maybe two stages involved in FI metering, but then again maybe not.....maybe it's time to order a Haynes manual. 😬

NICE PLATE!!!

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

*arrowup*I'm beginning to suspect an ECU problem.

Will check the visibles, but is the ECU a standard Rover 25 unit I might find in a breakers yard, for substitution checking? 🤔

Peter, where are the air/coolant temp sensors located? Also where does the vacuum tube to the ECU run from, presumably the inlet manifold?

Which side of the engine is the engine earth? Sorry about this, it would be easier if I had a Haynes!

Charlie, where is the Lambda sensor so I can try this?

I've been so busy changing wheelstuds on this car I have barely looked under the bonnet till yesterday's problem started.....

NICE PLATE!!!

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

Edited by - Unclefester on 7 Jul 2006 08:09:21

I've had another look and can't see any vacuum pipe to the ECU....mine is an EU3 engine from Feb 2002 so maybe it's different than the EU2 system.

All connections look OK, I've put fresh petrol in, and it's just the same....sometimes ok from tickover to 4000rpm, mostly faltering and gutless from 1500 to 3800/4000rpm.

It's like the ECU has lost the plot at lower revs, I wonder if it has a section dealing with advance/FI settings from 1000rpm to say 3800rpm and a completely different set of electronics for "full throttle" ie above 4000rpm?

This is what it feels like.

I'm going to try and find a Rover 25 ECU to substitute test.

NICE PLATE!!!

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

*arrowup* Unfortunately the diagnostic gear at the Limoges (ex) Rover dealer is an (ex) diagnostic equipment.....and the next nearest is a 3 hour drive from here. BUT I've spoken to peter Carmichaul and it looks as if any modern garage with EU diagnostics kit will be able to indicate what's wrong.

I reckon it's one or more of the sensors....throttle opening, and/or vacuum most likely.

Pity we don't have another car with similar sensors. *thumbdown*

PS I rang CC about this this morning and apart from the girl on the switchboard there was NO-ONE THERE to answer the question!!!!! Oh dear....

NICE PLATE!!!

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

Edited by - Unclefester on 7 Jul 2006 17:03:31