Click here if you are having website access problems ×

13" K&N minilites wanted

Hope you received my resent e-mail.

Haven't as yet received an order form. Obviously concerned about the deadline. Could you e-mail it to me mr@neejam.co.uk and I will e-mail it straight back with cheque to follow.

Thanks for all your help.

MARCUS RODWELL

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wel thats it! reciept of orders is now closed. Next I shall order the wheels and notify you allof the leadtime to delvery. During this period I shall attempt to plan out the deliver schedule / route and postage costs (if any) involved. Will notify you all via individual email of the above, with general statement on the web site. In summary so far so good, blood pressure normal

Well this is my first visit to the Club Forum and it looks like I'm a couple of days late. If any one drops out I will take 4/5 13' wheels. What is the advantage of going for 7' on the back ? At the moment I have the 16' HPC wheels. Am I correct in thinking that 185/70 13' will mean the ground clearance will be about the same.

I am doing the same thing Steve, nearest I can work out by looking at the Yokohama website is that there is about 40mm diameter difference. It has proved a good excuse to dump the under chassis rear exit eurospec exhaust & get that side pipe I always wanted.

Geoff

Rob,

Absolutely tremendous!!! And you acuse me of keeping busy!!!

I can hold some down South for those in the West Sussex/Surrey areas to collect if it helps with your delivery logistics. Let me know.

See you at the International &/or London to Brighton...

The wheels have now been ordered! delivery will vary from ex-stock to six weeks. If any of you are in a rush for the wheels then please e'mail me so that I could arrange a shipping sequence. Alex, no need to email me I know you want them for 22nd if poss.

For those of you who have requested carriage the best price that I have received to date is around £10 for 14kg to London, this weight equals two wheels, obviously four would work out cheaper. I shall try and attain discount during the next couple of days

• 2 weeks later...

First eight wheels collected Saturday morning. 4 black 4 silver. Promissed by dealer and KN firm date for compleation of order no later than Monday. Will post detal on web ASAP. Current wheels will be posted out via G-Force early next week. Lucky individuals will be emailed with carrage costs and date of despatch.

Going to try one of each on my car to double check before postage!

Sorry people slight delay wirh despatch of first wheels. Having tried the 6" and 7" for fitment on my own seven (black look top dog), I noticed that the 7" wheels just failed on the rear of the De-dion tube. I have now returned all eight wheels to the supplier and await his explanation. Don't worry I have not yet spent a penny of anybodies money, hence the return of all 8 wheels. KN were meant to contact me during the course of the day, but as of yet I have heard nothing. I thought it was all to easy!!!!!!! No the pain starts.

Will keep you all posted and will chase all concerned parties on Wednesday as I'm on holiday for two weeks from Friday and very much want to sort out this issue to allow KN to complete the order.

Been to KN Wheels and now have good news for all concerned. The box containing the 7" wheels was incorrectly labeled. These have now been exchanged. Off sets for wheels are

6" +23mm as per 100's supplied to Caterham

7" +18mm to allow for additional rim width.

All wheels should have been manufactured by 2nd wek in August. KN on one weeks shutdown (week 32). KN have agreed to post wheels direct from factory at a cost of £10.20 for FOUR any where in the UK! Once manufacture is complete I will forwards individuals addresses for despatch.

The eight wheels received to date will be used to make up an order for Jersey with the remainder being held by myself untill order is complete hen they will be despatched together with the remaining

quantity.

Sorry for the delay guys, but I'm trying to balance the whole project. i.e. ensure they fit the cars (6" 7" Live & De-Dion) and are of the correct colour whilst trying to minimise the costs and stress(postage etc)

I'm of on Holiday from Saturday through to Aug 12th, so don't be alarmed if you fail to see any postings during this period. I have invested my efforts pre-holiday into ensuring that KN fully understand the extent of our order.

Finally, during the visit I discovered that they manufacture Revolution, HPC & prisoner wheels. Perhaps a project for the future!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm back from holiday and have contacted the dealer who has confirmed that our order is in manufacture. I will make contact with the factory on Wednesday to confirm these details and finalise delivery date.

I feel that we need to clear this order prior to adding to KN's troubles. However, I have already had thoughts along the lines of future supply and intend to talk with the regallia people to see if they are interested? Wheels could be posted direct from factory.

using my 7 as a "going away" car at my Wedding at the end of September - Think perhaps it needs a little tidying up before the big day (its basically race spec at the moment) Any suggestions on how or where I can get alloys similar to the ones you have ordered a batch of (I only started visiting the web site recently so I missed out on the initial order)

I assume KN can't be contacted directly (by the way the 7's a 99 vauxhall live axle, does this make a difference?)

Would love to invite you to join the KN que, however, keeping ahead of the game is hard enough and to add a late order would blow a gasket for KN. Suggest that you quickly visit the for sale sections of the web site and low flying as I feel that this mass purchase has brought quite a few sets of wheels out into the open for sale. Most of these appear to be Live axle (Ital) fitment.

KN have indicate that they will be able to despatch out ALL silver wheels ordered by the end of this week / start of next. The Black and highlite as they call them will take a while longer. Sorry for the delay, however, if it is any consolation Caterham are curently waiting for 100 wheels and yes they all are being manufactured as one batch! How genuine can these wheels get?

At last I here you all saying! The first six wheels have been despatched.

Remaining silver(De-Dion) wheels to follow.

Suffering delays with Live Axle & black / hilighlite wheels. At least two weeks was the indication from KN. Sorry about this but I am trying my hardest for you all. Should any of you be pissed off waiting (understandable)then feel free to email me for a return of you money.

The wheels are being progressed but its life in the slow lane I'm affraid, compounded by factory shutdown

For the attention of Mike Fletcher / Stuart gra

Mike, I have not received a cheque to cover the cost of carriage on you wheels. I assume that they arrived OK? If not then let me know so that can challenge the couriers G-Force.

Monies outstanding = £11.75 inc vat

Life is oh so slow down at KN Wheels! They have indicated that ALL (de-dion) silver wheels will be ready for despatch Wednesday. I will be visiting them on Wednesday Morning to ensure that this is the case. At this point I will challenge them for a firm delivery date for the Black and Silver wheels along with the live axle units. If the current rate performance continues then I'm affraid that I shall be telling them to get stuffed on our behalf. Its no surprise to hear that much of the delay has been caused by a decline in orders and a need to streamline the operation / warehouse.

Watch this space.