Click here if you are having website access problems ×

13" K&N minilites wanted

I'm after three or four K&N minilite style wheels (as supplied by Caterham)

Ideally, I want one 13x6 and 2 13x7's but would settle for 13x6's only if anybody has some they want to sell.

These are to go on a De-dion chassis'd 7.

Cheers,

Alex Wong

alex.wong@lotus7club.co.uk

www.alexwong.net

Home : 44-(0)121-440 6972

Fax : 44-(0)121-440 4601

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, I think 2nd hand 13" wheels for de-dion cars are about as frequent as dentally well endowed poultry. Maybe we should see if anyone else wants some and try to buy bulk buy a load at a hopefully discounted price. Anybody else out there after 13" wheels?

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

Sorry Alex, in my excitement I forgot to say thanks a great idea and for getting the ball rolling.

Any idea how much a new rim goes for these days, the only figure I have is £127 including an A032R from Caterham.

Shame we can't get them at letsbuyit.com!

Cheers,

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

Dear Powder Puff (Herr Mole-meister),

No commision, just trying to wrangle a cheap deal from somewhere.

Rob,

I'd definitely be interested. One of the main considerations is whether they would clear the big brakes. Not all 13" wheels do. PCD is Ford rear wheel drive. Not sure about offset. It's a little less than Peugot which does fit (they use the same PCD as Ford rear wheel drive)

The ive axle cars are different as well.

Anybody else know?

Will start phoning around soon to try and get a bargain.

Cheers,

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

Edited by - Alex Wong on 13 Jun 2000 22:25:27

I have been in contact with the suppliers and have received a quote of £45ea inc VAT based on an order for 21pieces. They are confident that they will fit over the big brakes and will let me try one on my car prior to purchase. The wheels are manufactured by K&N in Telford who call them Minator (minilite is a Trademark). would people plese confirm interest and quantities before I proceed with the trial. Delivery would be extra at cost, I would be willing to arrange a one off meeting around the midlands area for people to collect them if this was of use?

Perhaps somebody has received a better quote?

This sounds like a serious bargain!

Minators are definitely ok with big brakes as they're the one's that Caterham use. I'd be in on that. Count me in for 4 (can they do 7" wide ones? I'd ideally like two 6" ones and two 7" ones. If not, 6" ones would be fine) How about everyone else?

Caterham and Demon Tweeks would charge you about £76 inc VAT per wheel for these!!!

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

Edited by - Alex Wong on 21 Jun 2000 20:16:30

Alex, As you said these are the exact same wheels that Caterham would sell you only cheaper and without "caterham" cast into the rim!

P.S. They do manufacture a 13" x 7" version.

Suggest that we allow a week for people to confirm requirements and ascertain exact numbers. Then I'll need to collect money (cheques please no cash)and finally the wheels!

I have been offered 13" 185/70 21Rs for £47 ea. anybody interested as these are sump friendly and handle well into the bargin

Rob,

Thanks for taking this on. At these prices, I think I'll really go for it so put me down for three 6 inch ones and four 7 inch ones.

I'm not sure what for but I can't resist a bargain like this.

Cheers

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

Edited by - Alex Wong on 22 Jun 2000 12:44:06

Alex, has VDU7X changed the number of wheels since the last time I drove it? 3x 6" ?????

Is the extra one a clever trick for Curborough?

More seriously, Rob put me down for 4x 6" for a de dion please. (now just where to store them is the question)

Rob,

Great news, put me down for 5 of 6x13" (for a de-dion, Ford fit if you need that info)

May well be interested in the tyres too, but maybe that'll have to wait 'til next month. Still can't decide whether to stick with 70 profile tyres or go for adjustable shocks/stiffer springs and 60 profiles.

Will need to arrange delivery down to south coast, e-mail your address once it's a goer.

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

Do they come in graphite?

OK OK Mr Puff, I give in .....

Make it 4 x 6 inch and 4 x 7 inch.

My spare wheel is painted a different colour anyway.

Do these wheels come in any other colour other than silver? Caterham sell them in black as well. I'd prefer anthracite ideally but black would be fine. Failing that Silver would be ok.

THAT'S IT. No more changes from me.

Hey Puffy, Good to hear you're back on the road. Now go and eat something. We need to fatten you up to slow you down! smile.gif

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

Sorry to disappoint you Mr Wong, but I'm currently trying to loose the xs weight gain from the Lamongerie trip! If there are going to be R500's in class 5 in August we need to be the weight of Kate Moss.

Maybe you should consider joining me on the power to weight improvement program if you are thinking about beating the lightweight V7 SLR in a few weeks!

Andy, is Marcus paying you a commission for putting in his wheel order?