Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Banks (Europa engineering) 47

kenny.

Decided to keep the car, but now just realised how tight a squeeze it will be in garage with air-chamber erected for new 7 when it arrives...so for sale again.

Virtually brand new, with 200 bhp VX XE motor, totally as new and mint with spec.list as long as your arm (T.B's, MBE, split rims,adjustables etc.). Quicker than an Exige and better looking.....Norfolk Mustard, tax exempt, and cheap to insure.

May take a p/x which I could leave outside for a while or will haggle for a straight sale.......cost new would be over £26000 and this car is like new.

Kenny

Edited by - kenny on 11 Feb 2002 22:03:52

Ah. I had a love affair with Europas about the same time as I fell in love with the 7. Went to the official launch of the Europa at Wm'dham in Norfolk, it was an open day at the factory, I would have been about 13 at the time. Subsequently we restored a Renault engined one and I bought a twin cam Europa and spent a fortune on rebuilding it about six years ago.

I have a period plastic model kit of the Lotus 47 (with big rear wing), never built it, it's complete in it's box, must be about 1:12 scale if anyone wants to buy. A beautiful car indeed!

Tomorrow's a good day for it... always is!

Yes, it's a Nichomi 1/12th model, got it down from the loft lunchtime to look. I nought it about eight years ago from a dealer at a Lotus meet, Duxford Airport, gave him £45 for it 'cause I'd never seen another model.

The box actually says it's a "Europaspecial" but that's just Japanesespeak for a 47.

If you'd like to make an offer and see some digital images (taken just now) e-mail me Kenny and I'll send them later today.

Tomorrow's a good day for it!