Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Decent 7 for sale 180 bhp plus?

Richards 7

hi

I'm looking to upgrade my crossflow 7 and one of the replacements I am considering is something like a SLR with the vhpd engine. Not too bothered about tracking it, but would like independant rear and 6 speed (probably best with the vhpd engine.)

Is it also possible to alter the brake bias on these things as I seemed to be locking the fronts too easily when I looked at one earlier.

I will be looking to flog mine soon so it will no doubt appear on the for sale pages soon.

Thanks

R

Thanks Guys

Yes I meant de dion, wanted to move away friom a live axle thats all

Where are these reasonable ones? The one on Pistonheads (thanks for pointing it out) is a starnge green that will take a lot of getting used to. I notice that Caterham themselves have one but it seems a little pricey, am I wrong on that, given the piston heads ad I should be getting one a fair bit less that 20k

R

Richard, are you sure about a vhpd if you are using it on the road?

I seriously recommend trying before you buy and I would also strongly recommend a standard superlight. If you reckon you need quicker than that on a road you are crackers.

Hmmm

Why not the vhpd?????? Is there something wrong (or too fragile)??

Mad ........yes probably...but only where I consider appropriate

Need......oh no, I wouldn't have a seven if I only needed a car

Want...ooooooh yes, can you have enough power???? The noise, the drama, the easy performance.

Basically had my crossflow for 13 years but have grown used to the performance and want to have a v quick road car. If I go for less power I'll be out performed by my mates Bentley GT........now thats not on...

Plus cannot have the wife keeping up with me...(she has Jag XKR on order)

Er..blackbird....never thought about it. Will try to e mail you. E mail me if I cannot work this computer thingy

thanks all

R