Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avon CR 500 Tyre

dogvet

Can't comment on wear, but I've not experienced any particular problems.

The 175/55s will fit 6" wheels fine.

They are quite expensive - about £95 each, and not helped by the fact that they are only available, I believe, from Caterham, Avon and BTR.

To my knowledge there is only one compound which is fairly soft.

They are certainly good tyres, but you could probably buy a set of AO21Rs and a set of AO32Rs for the price of a set of CR500s.

Mad Manx

avon have just finished developing a new cr500 with a change in compound that will give the same quality and grip but will last a bit longer there is a set direction of rotation that is different from the ones used now. the cost will be much the same i dont think you can get them from caterham yet they will prob want to move the old ones first i managed to order a set today will arive tomorrow the tyres look identical apart from a number. you use the number for direction of rotation

the tyres will be on sale in the next week or two may be soonerquestion.gif

they are to be used by the supergrads.

fredid=blue> smile.gif

I found the CR500's were good - maybe on a par with 032's when worn down to about 2-3mm of tread. They weren't so good when new and scrabbled around alot in the dry under hard cornering. Durability was good - about the same as Yoko's again. They were pretty good in the wet. A very good all round tyre but ACB10's are much better in the dry. They're also very expensive and I don't plan to replace mine with more CR500's.

Edited by - Alex Wong on 12 Feb 2002 00:10:06