Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Shelsley - Apologies

Charles Fitzhugh

Dear All,

Well I was already to leave first thing this morning to find that my trailer indicator lights have packed up!! *mad* *mad* *mad*

Have struggled for the last 2-3 hours but still no joy.

Hope you all have a good day and sorry to let the side down; especially seeing that so many people wanted to compete at this event.

Charles

Shame you let a little thing like that stop you coming, surely you could of blagged it if you had been stopped *confused* 😳 I have many a time 😬 😬

You missed a great day, fab venue, some very good performances & corking weather to boot *thumbup* *thumbup*

Charles

I fully understand why you did not want to risk it especially as on the motorway where indicators are necessary for safe overtaking. What a shame as you missed a great day at a fantastic venue. Hopeyou get the trailer fixed quickly *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Darren and Martin

I think you are both being a little hard on Charles. Potential 3 points on licence. Worse if you cause an accident, or death/injury of another road user.

I too have been faced with the exact same problem, slightly worse as it was 0500hrs in late August (Curborough sprint) when it was dark. I elected to drive the trailer with no lights, as there was not enough time to take the car off the trailer and drive there. In retrospect I think it was the wrong decision, and next time I would do the same as Charles.

Just my tuppence worth *smile*

Malcolm

We missed you Charles - you would have loved the event - it was the right decision though. I struggled with a trailer with lights which usually worked after a kicking - but it was always a worry.

MIke