Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unmarked Police car, waiting for me

Frying Pan

Out to the pub last night for a quick pint with a mate. Left the place at about 9.45, still a beautiful warm evening, so looking forward to a spirited drive back down the A361 towards Banbury.

At one point, this road goes through a village called North Newington (or is it South?), where the road zig zags round the houses and is very tight with a 30 limit. Great point and squirt section, albeit at low speed. At the last but one 90 degree corner, one final squirt, and....

...a dark blue Volvo S60 sitting in a gateway at the last corner. Driver wearing flourescent jacket with the window down looking straight at me *eek* ☹️

As soon as I pass him (no eye contact *wink*), he pulls out, an we proceed to drive in close convoy at 59.9mph 😬 I thought he was bound to pull me over for a chat, as he must have heard me come all through the village. Incredibly, after about 5 miles, he slowed down at a T-junction and turned round, presumably to go back to his parking place. He knew I'd clocked him, and was obviously happy he'd slowed me down. Phew *smile*

I certainly drove the rest of the way home at a much more sensible fashion, so his job was done...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 9000 miles completed!

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 30 Jun 2006 08:16:21