Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A Video of a Shelsley Run

KenEvans

In the interest of the Caterhams putting on a good show..... *smile*

List 1A tyres, 32.81 seconds. 0.6 secs off the record - it should have been a little quicker but for the tardy 2nd to 3rd gearchange and the moment under braking into the bottom S that spoiled my line.

The fast left hander is called Crossing and it's not anywhere near as bad as it looks when walking. Carry as much speed through here as possible to maximise your Bottom S approach. You can brake much later than expected into the Bottom S due to the steep gradient. My Bottom S approach speed is 90mph.

here

It might take me a minute or two to get the link right!!

Ken

Edited by - kenevans on 30 Jun 2006 06:35:21

Ken

Good run, I can vouch for Ken's comments having driven it a few times, the bends look quite scary when you walk the hill but are not as bad when you drive it however don't be too cocky it bites back.

Ken is right about the braking as well everyone tends to brake too earlier for bottom S (90 degree left) but the fact you are on a very steep hill (wait till you walk it in the morning) slows you down anyway.

Its over very quickly but good fun, see you all in the morning, I may even make it for the walk up the hill 😬 😬 😬

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

Ken is right about the braking as well everyone tends to brake too earlier for bottom S

I find its the 6 foot stack of railway sleepers in front of you on approach at 90+ mph, and the 12 " strip of gravel trap in front of them - that makes me brake early 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬