Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crap reasons to fail an MOT today

DohNut

No "non slip" on brake pedal

no double space between numbers and letters on full size correct font number plate

Handbrake - pull harder you poof.

🙆🏻

The only thing that was not fixable by presenting the next day was the hand-brake and guess which was the one thing that they did not tell me had failed untill it was too late to do anything about it *mad*

Well they have done then selves out of a tintop major service and aircon refresh 😬

Nick

🙆🏻 ☹️ - what a b*gger Nick - still, should be easy enough to get sorted, and good to hear you are obviously almost back on the road *thumbup*

(did the crane get sorted at the weekend by the way?)

www.mycaterham.com

here

91,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Yes really pissed off - but good to get it on the road and I have had a drive to woking and soon back to twickers to get it bedded in.

Ill have another bash after some more work and somewhere else

Crane re-united with handle and passed on to new foster parent - settling in well 😬

Nick

• Support Team

Bad luck Nick - hope it passes next time.

Angus - yes crane is back in my garage - seems like it never left 😳. Engine out and a slot with DVA booked for 9th July - fingers crossed it's just a case of new bearings. If the crank is damaged then I won't be sprinting on 15th July ☹️.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Do you know how much he charges because JW does not actually do them, he takes them to another garage - he has to make his money somewhere *tongue*

In hindsight of cource I would have been better off taking it there in the first place.

🙆🏻

Nick

Hi Johnty

Do you know what registration date that was introduced from? I notice that the later Caterhams have both scales. Anyway, I guess a clear plastic scale stuck to the front of the speedo would get you through the MOT if you got nailed.

Colin

• Leadership Team

My '95 VDO gauges have both scales. I looked at a '97 "Caterham" gauged car this week which was absent of the kph scale *confused* Is it possible that this is a new requirement and that Caterham branded gauges have at some stage been modified to comply with later regs?

Stu.

I can't see how they can impose this one as a retrospective - you can still drive 1920s stuff round with one tail light because that is all that was required when it was made. Also, the SVA should have picked up on this if the requirement was in force at first registration *confused*

Although I have yet to find any evidence of speedo being checked in MOT, apparently the Road Vehicles (Construction And Use) Regulations 1986 states that the speedo "If vehicle first used on or after 1.4.84, must be capable of indicating speed in mph and kph".

Which does make you wonder how my '98 car got through its SVA?

Jonathan