Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carb to Injection Conversion Old Bits - Carbs, Tank, ECU, Fuel Pump, Coil , etc.

jonhill

I've just finished converting my 1990 Vx XE car from carbs to injection, and also upgraded the cams, so I have some bits for sale:

Pair of Weber 48 DC02/SP Carbs, Trumpets, O-rings, Pipercross Sausage Filter and Backplate, Throttle Linkage - £450 ono SOLD

Large Capacity Tank and Boot Floor. This intrudes into the rear part of the boot to give extra capacity. The boot is now split level, with the rear part raised 10cm at the front, and slopes back to normal height at the rear. The tank is trapezoidal in cross section with the front and back sides parallel and 29cm and 21cm respectively. The top and bottom are 23cm. It's 80cm wide- £60 SOLD

Facet Fuel Pump - £15

Bosch Coil - £10

Dizzy - £15

ECU - I believe it's a 906? 2D ignition only I don't really know what it's worth. £50? SOLD

Cams. Inlet and Exhaust - OEM. Might be useful if you wanted to go with QED who regrind the OEM cams for some of their kits - £50

OEM cam pulleys - £10

Cam Followers - 34k miles on them, changed as a precaution. Worth anything to anyone thinking of going to solid lifters?

Edited by - jonhill on 28 Jun 2006 10:12:04

Edited by - jonhill on 5 Jul 2006 18:28:13

Edited by - jonhill on 5 Jul 2006 18:29:07

Hi Dave,

The tank is ali, and as far as I know was fitted to the car when new. It has the filler in the usual place - rear RH corner.

Regarding the capacity, I can't say for sure, but I estimate 15 - 20% bigger than the one that replaced it, which was a new Rover injection tank. I never ran the car down to completely empty, then filled it up, but I'm sure I got over 38 litres in it one time, with the petrol gauge showing just above empty. When I drained it, the gauge was on empty and I got another ~6l out of it into a petrol can.

HTH,

Jon

Hi Alex,

Yes, I'm prepared to do that in principle. At present I've got someone expressing an interest in them as a package, which is obviously my preference. I'll let you know if it falls through.

It looks identical to the one in the picture. I can't say if it will fit the hole in your bonnet or not, nor whether the centres of the holes will be in the right place, as it came of a Vx. If you're near to me, you're welcome to look it over, or I can do some measuring tomorrow. There's a faded sticker on the backplate saying C601something, where the 'something' might be a 4.

Cheers,

Jon

Sorry Alex, the filter has gone.

I've added my old tappets, maybe useful for someone going to solid followers? As far as I know they work fine, but I changed them anyway during the rebuild.

Jon