Click here if you are having website access problems ×

bleed tees

Bricol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all.

Apologies for all the delay - work, sleep, preparing the trials car, more work, not enough more sleep followed by even more preparation work meant tees dropped right to the bottom of the list.

All those who emailled me for details and then sent recompense should have/soon will have their tees - posted saturday in an assortment of envelopes. chopped up jiffy bags and anything that came to hand . . .

I now have to find time to count cheques and go pay them in - then add them to the last lot and send in for NTL . . .

I think I have 6 left . . . so get emailling and you might get one this century . . . although preparation has sort of stopped for the time being, panic will set in as the Edinburgh trial approaches . . .

I should be able to get some more - but subject to the revised postal charges, I might have to adjust the price . . . I think my mate in the US get some very strange looks as he keeps going and buying entire stores stocks of tees . . .

Bri

• 2 weeks later...

Mark - assuming 'k' series with a heater, most folk put the bleed tee somwhere in the upper heater hose, near the heater end, which is pretty much the highest point on the cooling system. If you leave some slack in the plumbing you can lift it up a bit further as well when bleeding to make sure that it is the highest point.

Without a heater I guess the obvious place is still the same point - the hose that runs round the back of the engine, although heater-less cooling systems seem to have fewer airlocks anyway.

regards,

stephen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, according to my figures, I supplied 42 tees in total.

So a cheque for 60 quid will be in the post to the new NTL co-ordinator as soon as I can re-find the mag with the address in - and as soon as I've printed another gift-aid form out.

I have a mate in California at the moment . . . he has offered - or rather, his wife has asked him if they are bringing a load more tees back - so assuming I can reach him, would anyone like one? Not promising mind . . .

Due to the wonderful post-office raising their charges and providing a width measuring device, unless anyone wants their tee flattened with a big hammer to get cheaper post, they will have to be a little dearer to cover the post - last ones cost 85p to post!

Say £3.00 each and a quid goes to NTL? As before, email me . . .

Once I get numbers, I'll see what I can do . . .

Bri

(jeez- said I'd got fed up with the hassle . . . )

The Bleed tees are the ONLY part I can find here in the US for my K series. *tongue* I'd be glad to clean out the supplies at the local Auto Zones, (there are 5 of them within 10 miles from my home) and ship them in exchange for a few oil filters for the K in return. Tom

Edited by - TomGaval on 21 Nov 2006 16:16:58

Andy - slightly miffed here . . .

I told you where the tees came from when you asked. . .

I waited until you closed your thread flogging yours . . .

I then re-posted in my original thread where I flogged them with at least a quid to NTL - which on some of my last lot put me into a loss due to Royal Mail, and on some of them, due to peoples generosity, put NTL into much more . . .

I could have simply tagged onto the back of your thread, undercutting you . . . but postingin someone elses "for sale" thread seems a little "not the done thing, old boy" . . .

I could be less miffed knowing at least a quid from your 99c plus taxes tees is going to NTL too . . . *thumbup* 😬

Bri

Bri, - many apologies if my post was misplaced (its now withdrawn). I realise now it should have been a new topic. As I read your thread it seemed that there was no guarentee that your tees would be available (you have not supplied any for months hence the reason I had to go and source some in the first place!). I have a guarenteed supplier and sent an order last week, before your new post, to my friend in America on the back of my last two batches going so fast. They are already on order hence being available this Friday. So for you to now suddenly start supplying again and then saying that 'its not the done thing old boy' is a bit off. I have been the one doing all the recent posts,advertising and supplying - I have my reasons to be miffed too you see! I was just helping out where I could when there was no supply available. As for charity - I do my fair share it may not be for NTL but it goes elsewhere close to my heart.

I cannot reverse my current order and I hope you have success with yours.

All the best.

Edited by - andygoodliffe on 22 Nov 2006 10:57:18