Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Curborough Entries

Mark Durrant

I have to say that I'm with Mike on this one. Frankly, I haven't got the time to do the championship and somehow the game seems to have moved on. If I feel the game has moved on beyond what I'd enjoy doing, what chance does a novice have?

JMHO...... *smile*

As has been said, you can't please everybody I suppose. I certainly haven't forgotton how much fun the pointy end can be!

Edited by - Alex Wong on 30 Jun 2006 16:25:00

what chance does a novice have

which is why we started the novice and ladies championships is it not *confused*

personally If we had to go down a route of offering a min chmapionship I like daveJ's suggetsion

Maybe we should offer a "toe in the water championship" which only includes the club events and then also a full blooded "away every weekend" championship for the drivers that have jolly decent wives ?

So maybe to qualify you have to do 3 of 4 the rounds of club events and one other event this means that the club events will get good numbers hopefully and also offer those without the chance to do a lot of rounds to be part of a championship.

However I am sure having a mini series will add to a lot of confusion for all concerned.

it all comes back to what are the aims/goals/objectives (hmm sounding too much like work here) are of the speed series.

What ever is decided I will try my hardest to compete in the full championship

rob

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

Edited by - robmar on 30 Jun 2006 16:26:22

I've though for a while that an annual L7C/WSCC event would be a great idea - kind of like the Ashes but for sevenesque cars. Can't see Caterham being pleased with us organising such an event though!

Now if an independant third party were to take on such an event, would there be any interest?

Edited by - Alex Wong on 30 Jun 2006 16:30:00

I did try and line it up at llandow as the second event of the year in 2004 but the WSCC organiser went with an alternative booking and didnt include the inviation in their championship .

no doubt the WSCC organiser has a different take on it *tongue* *wink*

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Maybe I am missing the point I thought it was more club members attending that we needed. *confused*

The sprints are open to ALL not just the those registered for the championship although it would me nice to have more.

So may be that the numbers are down just because ALL do not want to enter the championship but feel they need to do so to go...

Plus the reason I posted before about cost etc

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conversation should go along the lines of:

"Dear, I'm off to curborough to do a sprint on the xth, would you like to come? No? here - have some flowers instead and you go off and have a nice weekend that weekend with the girls/your mum/on your own" 😬

Cheers Jap, there appears to be an awfull lot of Marshalls in that address 😬 😬, take it you don't just have a telephone number instead *confused*

Might as well just pass the FTD trophy straight over to Brodie & save myself the trouble of competing 😬 😬

Have spoken with Steve Hill and there are quite a number of places left in the Marshals club sprint on Saturday 26th so why not have a whole weekend of sprinting at Curborough, it's always a friendly.

You do NOT have to be a member of the marshals club to take part so phone Steve asap to reserve your place.

There will be a marquee as usual from Friday night until Sunday night with tables, chairs, bbq, charcoal, tools - just bring your own food and liquid refreshments to cook. There is no charge for camping on Friday and Saturday nights but please let me or Steve know in order that the circuit can be unlocked for you otherwise you cannot gain access.

Barbara *smile*