Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Coventry Climax Engine

Morls

I have a Coventry Climax engine, mounted in it's original fire pump, acting as a coffee table in the garage.

It's in grand condition and has only been run once a year to check it still does.

It could go into all manner of old Loti or graduate to becoming a living room coffee table. Failing this, anyone living in the south may find it useful for dealing with the floods at the mo.

Any ideas as to it's valuequestion.gif

Mark

I met a man with a restored fire engine (Rolls Rovce B series 6 cylinder engine, about 4 mpg) which had a pristine Climax fire pump. He said he had another, presumably less good, one which he would sell for about £800.

In one of the classic car mags, I read an item about a 2 seater Cooper from the 50s and fell in love. It had an MG XPAG engine but I dream about one with a Coventry Climax.

£800....Gosh, I was thinking more along the lines of £300.

The big dials and aluminium wheels on the gate valves are quite nice themselves, even without the engine.

I'll be taking some digi photos today. If anyone thinks they can identify the exact model I can e-mail them.

It would make an ideal high volume waxoyl application pump for bare ally users in winter.smile.gif

No....not people who use alleys when bareblush.gif

Mark

Edited by - Mark Jackson on 10 Feb 2002 12:45:52

I didn't say it was worth £800, I said he kicked off at £800.

I have a pal who said he used one in the war when he was a volunteer fireman. Ran for 36 hrs non stop, I think putting out a fire at the Supermarine Spitfire factory. The added oil and fuel whilst it was running.