Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rivnuting scuttle

Pierre Gillet

not sure you mean the same thing Pierre but the two big rivets at the lower rear of the scuttle, either side, i have replaced with rivnuts in the chassis and small csk bolts in shaped washer, the type you see on motorcycle fairings, this works well, think the later cars didnt have this large rivet though, i have also fitted the two tonneau poppers in the front centre with small rivnuts as these fit throught the scuttle and into the top tube underneath. kev.

kevin R

black-ali HPC

• Leadership Team

Yes, this is exactly what I have done, and at the weekend helped "Crudders" refit his the same way. Mayes removing the scuttle a doddle in the future.

Regards - Michael.

Pierre, when i take off my scuttle, i take off the whole front bulkhead also, this involves undoing just the four bolts to the chassis side the two steering columb bolts and the two rivets i've mentioned, thought that is how everyone did it *confused*

kevin R

black-ali HPC

Lifting the entire scuttle off (ie. the arched bit + the bulkhead) is not convenient for everyone, as the bulkhead usually has a bead of sealant where it meets the horizontal panel and people attach electrical gubbins to the inside of the bulkhead (like control boxes, ECU, fusebox etc....) which cannot be detached from car.