Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Standard road springs

TomB

Im after a full set of standard road springs for a 1996, De Dion, K series car (pre-1996 chassis & front suspension), with standard Bilsteins to replace my hard race springs.

Im currently running about 270-300ib front and about 200ib rear which is simply to hard for crap northern roads! Im looking to change to the stanard progressive rears & linear fronts, which I think are 150ib. Could potentially arrange a swop if of interest, however it wont be until Ive replaced them.

Tom,

Might be worth asking the question about fit on Techtalk or ask Caterham.

When I changed my DeDion tube it required different dampers due to the different mounting points .. so it might depend on your spec of tube as to whether they will fit.

Can't be more specific I'm afraid but no doubt someone else can be *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

Just replied to your E-mail but I'm having alsorts of problems so posted here as well:

I happenened to mention to Ernie last night that I was selling these springs on and he thought £15 each was too high .. appaerently you can get them for £17 (+VAT) each, new.

When I then got them out I was a little disappointed with the finish on them.

When I took them off, when rebuilding the car, I was going to put them back on and so I touched them up with black hammerite where they had got stone chipped. Looking at them now the finish isn't worth £15 if they can be had new for £20.

I'll send them on to you and let you decide what you think they're worth for the pair (£10, £15, £20 ??), then perhaps you'd send a cheque to NTL rather than me. Don't worry about the posatge either, I'll consider that as a donation to NTL on my behalf.

If you've already sent a cheque I'll either return it or bank it and return some and put whatever you think they're worth to NTL with my next envelope to Steve Winterberg.

Cheers,

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 25 Jun 2006 09:47:52