Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Why is my 7 a 21?

Neil MH

Just received log book for recently purchased Seven. For some reason the model is shown as a 21 Supersport, whereas its a 7 Supersport. It obvioulsy hasn't bothered any of the previous owners and the chassis no. and everything else matches up to what its supposed to be.

It is likely to be a simple error and one should just advise the DVLA or is there some wierd complex historical reason why?

Don't worry about it!

My twincam live axle (Caterham) born in 1980 is registered and badged as a Lotus!

I've given up worrying about such things....my French driving licence has me as born in Swansea...I imagine some half asleep functionnaire was making out the form for my licence and saw 'Swansea' on the UK licence as the issuing authority for the DVLA and being half asleep.....etc etc etc. *confused* *confused* *confused*

I hardly know how to respond! Can't argue with the maths, though.

BTTT perhaps for additional interesting suggestions.

Swansea/Lotus noted.... perhaps I'll just leave it....

Neil

Edited by - Neil MH on 13 Jun 2006 11:02:56

You're one of the lucky ones, my logbook listed the car as a Westfield *mad* *mad* *mad*

When I rang the DVLA the chap (who obviously had some knowledge) asked me what the difference was. So I told him 😬

Welcome to the very select list of Caterham 21 owners..... 😬 😬 😬 😬

You have an invitation to join us at our exclusive "Caterham 21's only" event on the 1st August.

If anyone argues, please make sure you bring a copy of your V5 with you to prove it!

😬

I think you might get caught out on a spot the difference competition, but we usually have one or two guest drivers there in other Caterham model

This is all very jolly. The 70s JPE and Westfield are fairly bizarre.. but I now like the idea of being eligible for the exclusive 21 events.....I still have one of the original combined 7/21 brochures issued around the time of the launch. That, together with the V5, plus some shared components, must mean that I'm at least a 15?

I'm moving towards getting it changed though... I just have this strange feeling that something will backfire in the future.... with the V5 I mean... I sold the old cross-flow.

No I can't - because my first venture was a Westfield SEi wide body with a 1700 x-flow.

I never tried mowing with it - other than accidentally - if you see what I mean. We are bound to attract abuse from all quarters at this point.

Neil