Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

sealing my powerspeed exhaust....

David M

Hi,

Had my powerspeed exhaust for about a year and exhaust is coming out of where the 4 primary's join the external section (quite common so its said..) any thoughts what the best way of sealing it.... re-attach, use some sealant.......

I should just add I am exceptionally happy with my powerspeed even if it is leaking a little.... *smile*

Cheers

David

*smile*

GF04RCE.... every day is a Caterham day!!!! He heee!!... pictures here. Problem is every day seems to be a GT4 day too...!!!

Best to use flue sealer, from any plumbers merchants, it's red and lasts quite well.

But unelss you're careful it looks a mess (been there, etc). Use normal clear silicone sealant from any of the DIY sheds.

Dave

>Use normal clear silicone sealant from any of the DIY sheds.

Excuse me for beeing slow, I just want to besure I understand this correctly.

But you mean the normal stuff you use in your bathroom to seal up stuff like the edges off the bath tub? Won't catch fire if used on my red hot 4to1?

/jano

Correct - the normal stuff you might use in you bathroom, kitchen etc. It doesn't burn. I also used it on the exhaust manifold gasket (as did Dave @ Powerspeed when he fitted mine) - works a treat.

Dave

• 1 year later...

Stu, I just smear a thin layer of silicone around the inside of the collector and the outside of the primaries, push together, leave for about 15 mins and then start the engine. It smokes a little to start with but never had a problem. My lambda sensor is in primary 4 inside engine bay so no problem with that.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

It can also kill the catalytic converter.

Was going to say 'can also kill the cat' but in deference to OBNS's sensibilities, thought I should rewrite that. *wink*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV You know when you've been AMMO'd *eek* 😬

R470.69 😬