Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2007 Regs

MikeW

Just one request as and when these are considered. The Caterham Mega Grads now run with the aluminium plenum and 52 mm throttle body. So, despite sealed engines( no headwork), no LSD, 5 spd box and say about 145 bhp we are now in Class 5 for the sprints. Now we weren't exactly knocking on the door of top 3 finishes in Class 3 but could get in the top 6 or so. Class 5 isn't worth entering given the competition.

It would be nice to do a few next year if we could fit more sensibly into a class and given we are running to tight regs it would be nice to think that was possible.

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 9

Mike - out of interest, how many mega grad drivers are interested in the club speed championships 🤔

I have no problem letting 'standard' (what ever that is *tongue*) megas into class2/3 , what are the exact mega specs 🤔 vs the other classes 🤔

do you run without headlights, would that be an issue 🤔

is the ali plenum the same as the x-power one, if so we already have these running in class 3 *thumbup*

rob *confused*

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

Thanks Mark- I and appreciate you being prepared to raise this.

robmar, there are certainly one or two drivers interested but I think for all of us it's more about doing a few events rather than competing in the club championship ( tends to be some clashes with races)

To run in Class 3 we would need to put headlights back on but that really isn't an issue ( and I've done that in previous years) It was only the minor bhp gain with the plenum that put us up to Class 5 which was the big deal. The difference with the Megas compared to the Supers ( which are Class 1) are

Supersport upgrade

Widetrack

Plenum

Class 3 is about right and to be honest given we run on Yoko 48's and can't afford ACB10's we aren't going to upset many people with where we finish

There are ali plenums in Class 3 ( which are the same) but these were factory fitted so are allowed.

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 9