Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VVC TB and ECU upgrade from Trophy

Mike Kirby

I've noticed that a number of folk have upgraded their VVC with the throttle body and ECU from the Trophy engine. Is the ECU a simple plug compatible swap or is there more to it than that? What are the approximate costs of these items if sourced through my local Rover dealer?

I also know that one or two people have spec'd their caterhams with the R500 exhaust. I am also considering this and would be interested to hear whether you consider it to be a better match to the engine than the superlight R exhaust?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Have a look at the superchips ICON & VVC topic as we have been discussing it there over the last few days, i have had a discussion today with Caterham Midlands who would consider doing the work,

prices have been suggested (not by caterham) at £200 for the ECU and £98 for the TB, but i have not verified these with a dealer,

Mark Bennett

These are the prices I paid ex vat. I think the £98 was discounted from £118(PTP), the £200 for the ECU was the list price, I got 10% off that too (local dealer).

Unfortunately the ECU is for EU3 engines so it wont be plug compatible with your car Mike. I'll talk to you re tuning options at Blakesley on the 19th. I haven't forgotten the exhaust by the way.

BC