Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Did caterham recently change the carbon nose cone ?

Marius

Today I received my carbon-fibre nose cone from Dartford and the very front bottom (even below the number plate) looks different to the cone I had before. If I remember correctly the "old" cone finished slightly below the lower wishbone bolts. Now it looks like as it is even more deeply drawn, maybe to take the new R500 induction-box parts ??? Any suggestions or hints ?

I´ll put it on this evening and hope that it won´t look like ****.

If it offers too much space for unneeded parts will I have to buy an R500 which goes well with my nose cone ??

Marius

My new Superlight has a carbon nose cone which is different to my old roadsport nose cone.

Apart from being Carbon Fibre it no longer uses the twist locks on the underside of the car, instead it sort of hooks under/around one of the chassis bars.

hope this helps

teeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gif The Smiles Just Gets Bigger The More Miles You Cover wink.gif

Aaaargghh, that´s exactly what I was afraid of. Thanks Snapper. Now let´s cross fingers that I don´t have to modify my 98 chassis just to get that bloody nc fitted...... still one hour to work before dragging myself outside to the garage again. Let´s see....

Marius