Click here if you are having website access problems ×

i would like a black exhaust and mainfold

Paul22uk

can you buy them ? i would ideally like a 4-1 mainfold and side exit exhaust that is repackable in black, can you get one or do i need to get it powder coated

so where is the best place to get the exhaust & mainfold from in the first place, what is a good repackable silncer ? and what size would be best ? (it is to fit a x-flow car) also where can i get it coated all black in the essex area if you can't buy them already black ?

many thanks

Paul

There is a company who do a ceramic coating for exhausts and can do a variety of colours inc Black which I wanted, the cost was pretty good too. Do a search on ceramic and istr they have a website.

I eventually didn't do mine but I could still be persuaded and maybe we could get a discount for a block batch. I think it was about £70 and either you supply the exhaust or they offer to source that if you want new. The advantage was lower temp under the bonnett, could be quieter if you did the inside as well (and claimed to improve flow - not convinced at all on that). Main advantage to me was the look would be very good compared to dulled standard pipes, I wasn't convinced of any technical benefit but I think it would work better than powder coating which would flake I'm sure.

Edited by - Count on 6 Feb 2002 12:31:52

The satin black one looks good - but I'm sure part of the manifold shot (where the pipe would join the manifold) looks "chipped".

The chrome one looks OK too (did I just say that?). I wonder if it stays looking like highly polished stainless?

I wonder also if they have a coating that looks like blued steel...

If you do this, let me know as I might be interested and they might do a group discount...