Click here if you are having website access problems ×

i hate fecking airports

thinfourth

I cannot wait to be passing through Amsterdam f****** airport tomorrow 6pm en route to Sunny Suss*x*!

Wonder if check in will be working for once!

* Davis - that's your cue to leave *tongue*

Het nemen van mijn Caterham aan Holland

Del - giving the dykes the weekend off! *tongue* Though I expect Davis will be moving into the Dyke House as soon as I leave this afternoon! 😳

Het nemen van mijn Caterham aan Holland

I love this thread 😬 As Steve Davis would say, "do you pot the pink or sink the brown..."

And as for airports....Paris CDG SUCKS (or is that Air France?) *mad* *mad* *mad*.

Left Hong Kong with all the efficiency of a swiss watch movement on an Air France Flight. Two seats packed up the AV system about an hour in to the flight - mine and the one next to me. Full flight and no film or radio or...... *mad* *mad* Thankfully I had my iPod *thumbup* Service not great either *thumbdown*

Arrived at Paris CDG at 18:30 for a connection at 19:15. Would have walked between the two terminals (as I did when I went out a week or so ago...) but, oh no, you have to take a shuttle bus. Ok I thought, quicker and less hassle.

Well, noone told anyone about this it seems and about 150 of us on 'transfers' from the HK flight were hearded into a small bus lounge and left. Noone from Air France knew what was happening. Some tried to walk out but were 'stopped' by the police., Others got angry. I sank my head into my hands and waited for the inevitable. Missed the fecking connection to Toulouse (although my luggage was sent on the bloody flight *mad* *mad* *mad*!!), was transferred to another flight two hours later (wifey and kids stuck at Toulouse *mad* *mad* *mad*). Eventually arrived to find case impounded (was not picked up off the luggage thingy PLUS it was totally ripped and damaged *mad* *mad*), so had to go to some office where a dumb French bint told me that it was my fault that the luggage was not picked up at this end AND (get this) that I should use a hard case rather than a soft one... *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

I will not dwell on what happened next but they gave me cash for the damage to my case (enough to buy a new one) plus I got some free airmiles from Air France (thank you Mr Duty Manager). All I did was get angry. But I was a bit tired and emotional and the French hate commotions *cool*

But why did I have to 'lose it' before someone took action? Will not use Air France again if I can help it *thumbdown*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

ars est celare artem - That's why I have the Clams 😬

Updated photos here