Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series throttle cable - cost and best place to by

PaulJeffries

As per title

Where is the best place to buy a K-series (1.6) throttle cable from. Is CC the only supplier. If there is another suplier could you give details and price.

I dont need one, but have heard that they can break at any time and it would be probably wise to have a spare for European trips etc. Forthcoming LeMans Classic has prompted me to ask the question.

Thanks

Paul

P.S. whilst I am here does anyone know the cost of a new tonneau from CC????

1.6 ROADSPORT

i think the throttle cable is a standard rover part, but the clutch cable is specific to caterham. I have heard that it is worth having spares of both because they can break (its never happened to me yet though)

Tom The most southerly uk blatter

😬Yellow 1.6 Supersport 😬 Photos here

• Support Team

Just get a bicycle cable for the throttle cable spare - they normally have a suitable nipple on one end and the other just slides through the throttle cable outer and is clamped onto the throttle body.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

I can't remember whether it was a gear cable or brake cable but they are all plenty long enough - just cut it to length (using sharp cutters to reduce fraying). The throttle cable connected to my Jenvey's is a bike cable. The nipple fitted neatly in the top of the accelerator pedal and we just fed it through the old outer and cut it to the right length. In an ideal word you would solder the end to stop it fraying but for an emergency spare it is not an issue.

I think it cost about £3 *thumbup* and that was for a stainless one. you can even get teflon coated 😬.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Area Representative

Paul,

The throttle cable is a Rover part - part number SBB10176 - I recall it may be a left hand drive something or other. I enquired locally, but found it cheaper to buy from Caterham.

Have you asked Caterham the cost of a new tonneau? I normally find that email requests (to parts@caterham.co.uk) are answered promptly. I recall that a tonneau to suit an FIA roll bar (it has a hole for the petty strut) cost about £80 a couple of years ago.

SBB10176 K series throttle cable based on an order of 10 pieces (std plenum. Fitment suitability for DTHTB cars unknown) £17.57 each inc VAT

So, all in probably a few quid cheaper than CC for one.

Details of supplier are as per LF:

Roverlink.co.uk

0151 420 8070

Remind them you are from L7C when you ask for your pricing.

FWIW, I've found it easier (and more reliable - less chance of snapping the cable) to thread the nipple of the bike cable through the throttle-body end and then to clamp the bare cable at the pedal.

Certainly makes it easier to adjust the Jenveys - it should work fine with the standard single tbs too.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Re: Bike Brake/Gear Cable

Just went dow to Halfords and looked at a variety of cables. Do I need to get one that has the plastic sleeving or bare stainless steel? Bare Stainless is onlt £1.99

Figured out that as its just for a spare why waste money, Will purchase proper Clutch cable as someone has sugested.

Richard

Checked with CC regarding Tonneau - they want £111.63 + £10 p+p, I have been quoted £145 all in from Jill Judd for a bespoke one to fit my seats. Not going to bother with either, I just after something simple and cheap really. Thanks for the info though CC were quick to respond *thumbup*

1.6 ROADSPORT

Not that I'm tight or anything 😬 but if you have a Wilkinsons store close by, sleeveless is 79p and sleeved is 95p. Sleeved come in front and rear lengths, sleeveless is one size.

Orange Superlight #53 😬