Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitrons

Petrolhead

• Support Team

I mounted mine as Peter says with the adjuster at the bottom. The bugger is that it is then difficult to adjust the ride height. I guess damper adjustments are more frequent that ride height so this is the right compromise. By running them upside down you get a marginally reduced unspring weight as well.

Peter - I went for 250lb/in front and 150 lb/in rears. The ride seems fine and even with 2 up and lots of luggage, have not bottomed out the rear on anything other than speedhumps. This setup seems to be what most of the decent sprinters are running but the R400 race drivers seem to go for a higher rear spring rate (215lb/in IIRC). I am led to believe that Nitrons add a bit to the spring rate so I guess you'd want to go somewhere around 200lb/in to get the same sort of handling. Personally I think this will be way too harsh on the road.

Warning - don't run the dampers at anyting much above full soft on the road else you will lose your fillings! *eek*

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Peter

Dave is recommending that you replace the 3/8" diameter bolt with a new one of the same size as they have been known to fail. I change mine every year or after hitting a tree *eek* which ever comes first *thumbup*

See you later

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 6 Jun 2006 16:29:36

Petrolhead

Looks like you have got almost exactly the same springs as I have on the Durabeast (except with Ledas) .. you should know what to expect when you get on the road after driving mine at Knockhill last year.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the new set up.

Good luck with the bolt

One of the Duratectives

use a release oil such as plus gas and be very carefull with the allen keys so as not to round the hex head ☹️

fully soft is click fully round to the -(minus) indicator *confused* dont see how you can go wrong *wink*. If you try it you will find that the knob will stop clicking round after about 24 clicks .

fully soft is click fully round to the -(minus) indicator dont see how you can go wrong . If you try it you will find that the knob will stop clicking round after about 24 clicks .
Makes sence and I know it seemed a numpty question. I just assumes that if adjustiong you always work from fully hard that there comes a point where the adjuster just slips or somit

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

Ist impressions:

The front seems to be working well but the back.....

It no where near as nice as it was with the std progressive springs and damper but would assume it because I am now using 150lb ☹️ springs??

Any thoughts.

I notice Myles feels the same when swapping from the progs

It's not a single-variable question - but I must say that swapping from the std. CC progressive rear springs to a single-rate spring on my Ledas appears to be a big step backwards in road manners.

The car seems to skip over ridges - disconcerting on certain M-way flyover corners etc - especially in the wet...

Maybe I need to revert back to progs. I believe Eibach can make prog springs

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

Edited by - Petrolhead on 10 Jun 2006 18:42:22

I am running 150 at the rear. On the road set at 4 off softest. It works for me.

"It no where near as nice as it was with the std progressive springs and damper but would assume it because I am now using 150lb springs??"

What do you not like? its not as nice becouse it feels like?

What seting did you have?

David