Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help! windscreen mirror..what sticks?

StEVEN

Me mirror fell off and i stuck it back on with some loctite stuff from an orange car accessory place...it stuck, but fell off after one blat..do any of you wise fellow's know of anything that does work and where i can get it 🤔 *confused* *confused*

Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, got it!

• Support Team

Halfords sell the self adhesive pads and they work very well if you prepare the surface properly. The windscreen must be spotlessly clean - use a proper automotive glass cutting solution. Get all the old adhesive off the mirror back - use meths or similar solvent to get it completely clean. Warm the windscreen with a hairdryer and then stick the mirror on with the pad. Mines still stuck on there 2 years later.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I've used the pucker Halfrauds windscreen sticker pad thing... its a piece of gauze and a tube of 'stuff'. Works well. Alternative is to buy one of their whole mirror assembleys with a suction pad. I did this as at £11 vs the £4-5 for the stick on pad it seemed like an 'investment' as I seem to knock the mirror off fairly regular when stuck on (normally when taking windscreen off, or when its in storage in the back of the garage...)

Mine fell off last year, tried a few different adhesives, but had my windscreen repalced as well (which is becoming a faily regular occurence), so decided to go for a suction mount one instead. Works very well, never fallen off. I got it from a halfrauds for not very much. Highly recommended anyway

she's blue and a super sport, and now with extra grrrr 😬. Pictures now here