Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsey Walsh Entries

Mark Durrant

Richard, I arrived at around 7.45 when I did an event earlier on this year. That worked out fine for unloading in the paddock & then parking the car & trailer over the road in the field.

Even had time to walk the hill (essential !) as far as the top S, after that its just a straight run to the finish line.

The real problem came at the end of the day, as everyone wants to load up thier trailers at the same time, only limited space in the paddock for this to happen and frankley its a bit of a nightmare *thumbdown*. However if its a road legal car you can at least drive your car from the pits to the field & load up there, as long as the rain holds off 😳

Hi Mark, I sent an entry but my name does not appear on the 15th July list, I wonder if it was recieved? Not sure if I would do it, but on the other hand I have not seen any entriy forms for Longcross either, how are these sent out??

Re the selection process my only comment would be that it would have been really helpfull to me if this had been made clear beforehand. Knowing I would not be considered would have made my travell and event planning more efficient, and saved me the hassle of sending the entry, and of course the fee.

I only have the oppurtunity to attend seven events now because of business and family issues, one of which is longcross but bearing in mind the question above, I'm not even sure of that now.

Regards, Mike.

Mike

I have forwarded you the entry form for Longcross via email.

In respect of Shelsey Walsh this is the first time we have been invited to this venue and therefore I did not know or expect that I would be asked to the select the entries, apologies if this has caused you any inconvenience. As your name did not appear on the list of entriies received that was passed to me by the MAC I can only assume they did not receive your entry. As you did not appear on the list you are not eligible for an entry to the event on 15th July.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Rob/DSL,

Black numbers on a carbon nosecone is, as David suggests, asking for trouble. A contrasting colour is required - white in this case being the obvious choice. The number does not need to be 9 inches high either as long as it can be seen from the course control/timekeepers hut that is situated to the left and in front of the car when sat on the start line. A lot of people make up these numbers out of tape - but personnally I put a white number square on the nosecone immediately above the Caterham badge and use the standard black numbers.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Mark

We have just got back from a Blatchat-less week on holiday in Wales. Whilst Pat and I are disappointed I always thought that Shelsley would be very oversubscibed and it would probably come down to your 'pick' for the limited places available.

It's great that MAC will accept so many from the Club for the 15 July event but we won't be able to take up this offer. We are doing both days at Pembrey the weekend before which means a four day weekend and another Friday off for Shelsley will not be possible.

At least the return of the Shelsley entry fees will go towards offsetting the cost of the Pembrey weekend 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.