Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Geometry check in NW

TomB

I need to get my geometry checked out as visually the LH front appears to have more toe out than RH front! Anyone know of anywhere in Manchester/liverpool/preston areas, or should I just take it to a local ATS/ Kwic Fit?

• Area Representative

Tom

From what you're saying, it doesn't sound like you are talking about tracking (toe out), but camber i.e. when the wheels (viewed from the front of the car) lean in towards the car (negative camber) or out from the car (positive camber).

Kwik fit etc. are ok for checking the tracking - assuming you know what you want them to set it at, but I doubt they can help with castor or camber settings, assuming you know what settings you want.

If you are going to LADS next week, I can impart a little knowledge, or give me a ring. Do you have a build manual? Suggest you start with settings recommended in there. Also suggest you check bump steer if this has not already been attended to - I would have thought it has, as yours is an ex racer isn't it.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Hi TomB I had mine setup at Buckley Tyres Buckley near Chester thay have got the latest laser equipment and the tyres have worn nice and even they will set it how you want it 01244 544575 but might be to far for you unless you are out on a blat to N/Wales Regards Paul