Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CatStart one-button ignition/start system

Chris W

If anyone is interested I have ONE CatStart circuit left over from a batch of 20 I have just made for various club members.

The CatStart is a one (big red) button device which operates IGNITION ON, IGNITION OFF and STARTING all from the one button. ie: no separate ignition switch is needed. Your immobiliser is totally unaffected by the use of this circuit.

Operation is as follows, from ignition OFF:

1st push = ignition ON

2nd push (held down for 1 second) = starter motor ON for as long as the button is held down

3rd push (and release immediately) = ignition OFF

With the ignition ON, the circuit will recognise a push-and-immediate-release as an ignition OFF command and a push-and-hold-down as a START command.

There is also a jumper option inside which means that the circuit requires a 3 second hold of the button initially (instead of instantaneously) to switch the ignition ON, in order to provide additional security if desired. The OFF and START functions are unaffected by this jumper.

Fitting is very straightforward and very detailed instructions are included. Replaces any currently installed key and or button start system.

First to shout gets it. Price is £68 + £5 p&p or collect from my home if geographically feasible (Bedfordshire)

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

• 3 months later...