Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Possibly for sale - Tyres. Now For Sale!!!

Neil A

Bought some second hand wheels with ACB10s on. Trying to decide whether to keep these on or to fix more water friendly tyres. What is the likely second hand price for 2x 6.0/21 and 2x 7.0/21 about half worn. Compound is A24.

Cheers

Fellas, smoke me a kipper, I'll be blatting for breakfast.

Edited by - Neil A on 2 Jun 2006 13:46:21

A24 compound is very soft and only really suitable for sprinting/hillclimbing so they will not last very long on either track or the road. I'm sure someone from Class 3 or possibly Class 5 from the speed championship might be interested in them but the price will be dependant on their age and what use they have had.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Neil,

Just use them. They'll be fab for the summer. Then you can fit tyres of your choice ready for the rainy season. Only possibly problem will be that you won't want to go back to something less grippy *tongue*.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

I think they are the recommended compound / size for Fireblade 7s, and I think heavier 7s use the slightly harder compound.

I think I paid about £400 for a new set 3 years ago.

Was hoping to make the change to 13" wheels more permenant. If I stay with my 16" then I will need new tyres for those as well soon.

Getting some tyres fitted tomorrow and don't have wheels to put these on, so they are now for sale. Not sure what they are worth, so on the assumption that they are half used and around £100 a tyre each, shall we say £150 ono?