Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intro to Sprinting - Many thanks

Mark Durrant

Firstly, many thanks to Andy Nicholls for his great organisation of an event never previously run by the club. Despite the weather those who came along thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will be back in the paddock, but as competitors *thumbup*

I would also like to thank the following for giving up their time and helping to make the day a success:

Peter C for his informative chat on car set up and the hot laps in the Rover estate

Richard Price for sharing his secrets on driving Curborough including a demonstration on how to spin at the Molehill *tongue*

Mike Sankey and Ian Keen for bringing their cars along to show that sprinting is open to all age groups 😬

Simon Rogers for the chance to try out his flappy paddle sequential gearbox its great now and will be even better once its programmed for a flatshift *thumbup*

Adrain Williams for letting me drive a very well set up car that TM will do well to keep up with *tongue*

Charles Fitzhugh, Paul Collins, Domonic Williams and Richard Anderson for their assistance *thumbup*

To add to the success of the day we also raised £175 for NTL plus what ever has been pledged for Alex Wong having his face painted 😳 Oh and I have a picture of Andy with an L Plate on his forehead which will appear somewhere soon 😬 😬

See you at Shelsey Walsh, if not before *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - mark durrant on 30 May 2006 07:12:11

Edited by - mark durrant on 30 May 2006 07:13:00

It was a really enjoyable day, especially as the prospective sprinters all seemed to enjoy it so much, including the demo laps. Perhaps it was because a few of them had just jumped out of Simon's car - but they all remarked how nice it was to be driven smoothly (can't imagine what they meant by that *smile*). In any case it was a pleasure to do the demo laps trying to avoid grass cutting, but providing an idea of the excitement of sprinting. Not all of us achieved the right balance all the time 😳

Thanks Simon for the ride - it was amazing - I was so intrigued by watching the gear lever move all by itself that I hardly noticed we were going rapidly sideways most of the time *wink* *wink*. I don't think I will be trying the changing up whilst still coming out of the corners like that just yet though!!

Thanks to Andy and Mark for organising the day so well - I still have a whole rear exit exhaust system for sale though!

Mike

Now that is worrying - it is bad enough when I can't remember!! I will have to get you a Saga Sevens application form - if only I knew where they were.....

Actually it wasn't that sideways, it was just very entertaining.

Mike

Thanks to all who helped make the day a success by giving your time and expertise (and at your own cost) - all very generous indeed *thumbup* *thumbup* The participants all seemed to be very pleased with the day, and I think we'll have a few new competitiors out to play soon.

I also enjoyed myself - thanks for the drives and rides in the various cars (Simon - your car was always quick, but jeeeeeeeeez, that thing is now pure evil. I can honestly admit to feeling just a little queezy after our 3 lapper 😳). Changing up mid corner while drifting sideways was also a new experience for me 😬

See you all soon.

Andy N

No problem Mark/Andy I had a very enjoyable day and was only too glad to be able to put something back in for all the fun I've had.

All passengers seemed very keen and I look forward to seeing them in the paddock as competitors soon.

Thanks again to Simon for letting me try out his flappy bits, can I have another go when you've got the flat shift working as well 😬 😬

Adrian