Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Don't think i'll get my 7 rounds in

Steve Robinson

☹️ Been looking at the calender, my work schedule, family commitments, bike racing commitments and the impending house move (or 2 moves if we have to rent for a few months) and I don't think I can do enough rounds to qualify for the championship.

I had hoped to do both rounds of Pembrey, but just can't fit it in. The plan now is to do the easy to get to rounds so will be at MIRA, Curborough and Loton Park (where family can stay with in-laws an hour away) but think that will be all this year.

Real shame as I had hoped to do well, but looks like I need to begin my planning for winter upgrades for a push next year instead.

Steve

Steve ,

The house move (and the impending homelessness) have caused the same issues here as well.

Its a bugger cos next year I won't be a novice and forgiven my stupidity 😬

Moving to Newark and yes I do know what its an anagram for

Cheers Mark *thumbup* A visit to oily is not totally out of the question.

Sally and I are looking into the feasibility of getting a bigger tent so that we can combine sprinting weekends with a family camping trip. This would make the whole thing more family oriented and therefore fit in better.

May not save this season, but will allow me to compete next year (hopefully with the same 165 bhp as Rob and Adrian 😬 )

Steve

Cheers Rob *thumbup* Not sure I'm good enough to handle the 200 BHP of your car though 😬

My car will be staying (I haven't had it 9 months yet so its not time to sell *tongue* ) the question is more around finding the time to compete, but hopefuly the camping trip solution provides a better compromise and will allow me to do more.

Steve

Steve, Why not buy my caravan I am about to post for sale? *smile*

Could be the answer to all your holiday and racing problems! *thumbup*

I'll be sticking to my 140 bhp this season - hope to give you a run for your money at the meetings we both race at!

Robin

Yellow and Carbon cycle wings dodging the horses in the New Forest

Steve

sorry you will not be around much. Just make most of the rounds that you do.

it was always going to be hard to fit it all in. I am finding it difficult too.

It good to see that Rob has amitted that he has 185 BHP that 55 bhp more than me 😬.

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 30 May 2006 23:03:42

I had planned on doing the Pembrey double header, but it was once I started trying to sort the logistics for that that I realised how crazy things are at the moment.

Cadwell & Harewood might be more do-able with the family in tow, but house moves may stop play. We'll see how it goes.

At least I haven't said it's time to sell my car 😬

Steve

Steve,

The details of the caravan are on this site under FOR SALE. I dont have a clue how to set up a link so i will let you do the button pushing. I do have some photo's that i could scan and email to you should you be interested. This was our first expierience of caravaning, i have to say we realy enjoyed it and would continue had we not got so many other commitments.The sale includes everything you need to go caravaning *cool*

Robin

Yellow and Carbon cycle wings dodging the horses in the New Forest