Click here if you are having website access problems ×

scholar engines

duh

Quite a number.

I was going to get my VHPD done but may possibly sell it in favour of another engine.

If you decide to use them and need a hand getting your engine to them we might be able to GONAD it from Scootland ..... I live just down the road from Scholar so would be happy to help where I can *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Helped jj with his.............its an animal *smile*

In saying that it is only an animal when you release it...........its also quite happy to pottle around town..........and it appears to be reliable, jj did the spring se7ens tour in in last year, a track day and then 4500 miles across America, its now done another spring tour and will be on the trackl on Monday so it must be getting close to 8000 miles since the conversion with no problems.

It`s bloody quick when you let it off the lead though..............

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.NIFTY WE SPOKE RE MY SUPERSPORT ENGINE AND I ALSO NOTICED THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR AN R 400 INSTALLATION.ONCE I GET MY ENGINE FROM SCHOLAR I WILL HAVE A COMPLETE R400 INSTALLATION FOR SALE IE ENGINE ECU LOOM EXHAUST ETC ETC.ETC.

This is a toned down version of my actual feelings 😳 🙆🏻

If i live another 100 years i hope i never deal with them again !!!!

i would not recomend them to any one

dealing with them was like pulling teeth ! be prepared to wait & wait & wait for them to

complete a job.

Ooops, just noticed your location.

I would like to make it quite clear that Mendlesham is south of the River Waveney and is therefore in Suffolk .. they have a much slower pace of life down there

*tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

😬 😬 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

THE CONVERSION I AM HAVING IS TAKING A 200BHP R400 ENGINE TO 230BHP.ANYONE DONE THIS AND WITH WHAT SUCCESS?.BOTH SCHOLAR AND DVA HAVE SAID THAT A STEEL CRANK IS NOT REQUIRED ANY THOUGHTS.

Dave assembled mine for me: 1.9K; single tang rods; standard crank; ported, modified VVC head; BP285H cams; GEMS ECU; Jenvey throttle bodies; balanced assembly; Pace dry sump.

227.6 BHP @ 7770 & 164.1ft/lbs @ 6416. Will break the 230 BHP barrier once an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is fitted.