Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling pit bunnies

Well, sort of *wink*

As some of my shedly acquaintances will know, I am racing an R400 this year (with the famous Gerard as engineer and another Pat as my team-mate). We were wondering if any shedders fancied doing some lap timing and pit board stuff on the race days?

Compensation would include food courtesy of the wonderful Mrs Pat, and ......

well actually, that's it 😳 *tongue*

If you are interested, post on here and I will make contact. We need a couple, so if there is a mad rush some random number generation will come into play *wink*

Thanking you *wink*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Pat,

I'm afraid I still have visions of you in a large Marble wet room.

At the click of your fingers 2 Ukranian boys run in with a bucket of soapy suds and lather you up, scrape the suds off and leave a little soapy heart on your breast.

I know its wrong and I should be punished

I'll check the dates with Delberta but the locations are easy enough for me. The prob is most pits have a problem with a 13 years old who has been around cars alkl her life as opposed to a pissed 30 year old who never been to a race track , has a corporate invite then sniffs the Bar maids apron.

Now Mrs GTD claims she can make her look 16 but as a father I am not really ready for that.

Its a therapy issue . I have an issue with tyhe costs 😬

Moving to Newark and yes I do know what its an anagram for

Pat - I'll have a word with Windy and my boss Mrs Boonie to see what we are doing.

A former shedder Nobananas might be up for it - helpful chap as he's a mechanic - and after seeing GTD and Delbert sprint is seriouly thinking about clubbing in with me for some sort of cheap sprint/ track car. So a bit of motorsport may help him along.

Thanks Peeps, it's sounding promising. Current pist of lossibles would appear to be:

Delbert

Boonie

Windy

Nobananas

Lee

Alex??

Myles??

Delbert - Wile7 got it right - *eek* *eek* *eek* 😳 *eek* *eek* *eek*. More seriously, thanks. As you suggest, a 13 year-old won't be allowed on the pit wall, particularly during a race.

Alex, I'm not sure if I could reasonably classify Snetterton, Silverstone or Brands Hatch as near Pembrey *wink*

If anyone would like to express a preference for particular races ...

• 2 months later...

Update

--------

OK, having done the Brands GP races at the weekend, we have confirmed our need for pit bunnies, as Gerard and James (Robin to Gerard's Batman) cannot really manage it comfortably on their own.

So, would anyone be free to help out at Silverstone on 23/24 September and the Festival on 20-22 October? The more the merrier, I think *wink*

By way of added compensation, Paul Davis will also be there *wink* (in his capacity as team photographer)

Roll up roll up *cool*

"By way of added compensation, Paul Davis will also be there (in his capacity as team photographer)"

Why thanks Pat, that is a plus point, isn't it ? *tongue*

I managed to take 532 pictures over the weekend, the sorting out may take some time although I quickly found the ones of you in your lycra & Nomex romper suit - skin tight aint the word 😬

I even got some Astons for Mrs Mav *thumbup* and a burned nose for me *thumbdown*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Mrs MAV

On the Aston pics - patience is a virtue, they are being fettled as we speak

"we are an extra pair of hands to help clean the underneath of the sevens" - hands ? no, nothing but bright shiney tongues and fresh spit & polish *thumbup*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬