Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DS oil pressure query

Dobuy

I have a Titan dry sump on my Duratec and am getting some curious oil pressure readings on my Stack dash.

During start up and normal running I get anything between 27psi and 70psi depending on revs (1000-7500rpm), all good and just where I want it.

After I have been thrashing it on track for a couple of sessions I get very high readings up to about 105psi at 7000rpm and as much as 80 psi at 4000rpm, this only happens after the car has done several hot sessions. I have the stack oil pressure sensor fitted like this here any suggestions why I am getting these variable oil pressures?

Duratec SV, built in Dubai *cool*

• Support Team

Are the connections good? Check the crimps on the terminals. The reading is resistance driven and it could be that when hot the cable's resistance is increasing. My sensor is mounted at the front low point of the engine (K-series) and often the wires get damaged leading to spurious pressure readings - these even fluctuate with revs sometimes! I've got to fix them again this weekend ☹️.

I note your very clean and neat install so it is less likely to be the problem but still worth a check.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

These senders if I'm not mistaken have a resistance coil & a wiper that's driven along it by the oil pressure. It's not a brilliant design because the wiper moves every time the oil pressure fluctuates. Have you got another sender you could try to eliminate this as a cause 🤔