Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Headlight Alignment

RobinW

If you measure the hight of the h/l center and mark a wall with the same height then draw a straight line you will be able to align the h/l against the wall (in the dark)

It's not perfect but pretty close.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven to The French Blatting Company Limited

Thanks Darren.

This was the sort of thing I recall using many years ago. Now all I need is 8 metres of level ground in front of a wall *smile*

Norman. Same as your approach, but takes into account the downward angle of the dipped beam.

Thanks Guys

Due to the interest I've now put the image on my website so that others can download it. I have no idea where it originally came from, I was sent it by another BlatChatter a while back.

Headlight Alignment Diagram

Robin - it might be an idea to change the title to make it obvious that the diagram is available *wink*

cheers,

Darren.

Edited by - LazerBrain on 24 May 2006 12:07:00

The simple alternative is to park your saloon car say 3 m from your garage door with the lights on and then chalk mark the illuminated lines of the headlamps on the door ,and also the point on the ground below the headlamp glass, then swop the cars over and park the caterham headlamp above the spot on the ground and adjust the lights to suit the chalk lines on the door *thumbup*

The gets mine through it MOT each year *tongue*

Susser no - it works out Ok . It doesnt realy make any real difference as the vanishing point is pretty much the same regardless of the orginal height .......... within reason of course *wink* . The average saloon car vs the average Caterham works out OK . I wouldnt suggest you try it using a Ford GT40 or a Crossel 😬