Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Passanger side 4 point Luke Harness

Brucey

My wife asked me the other day why I had a 4 point harness and she only had an inertia seat belt. When I said the 4 point harness held you more securely, she then asked why she didn't have one also!

Before digging myself into an even bigger hole, (Being married for over 22 years I have learned when to shut up!), I promised her I would get her a 4 point harness also.

Does anyone have a Luke 4 point Luke harness (push button release) they no longer need?

Are they handed?

Now, without being sexist, would my wife be comfortable wearing it as tight as it should be worn,(considering she is a 36 C) if you get my drift! I.e, inside, outside or squash them flat *confused*

Any help appreciated *thumbup*

Bruce.

With regard to position of belts, squash then flat seems to suit my regular passenger best. My car has turnbuckle harness so this is really the only option, but the only thing that she complaned about in 2500 miles in a fortnight was the belt cutting into her neck. Amazing what a difference having off-centred the waist belts makes.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!

see here

Thanks Tom,

It just seems such a shame!

I'm planning a tour of Wales this summer. Are you saying that your passanger didn't have her belt adjusted properly and this caused it to rub her neck?

Also, looking into some form of ear plugs for long trips (at least I won't be able to hear her complaining about her seatbelt 😬)

Bruce.

Yep, that was the problem. I'd had the seat out to tinker with the car, and got the waist belts set over to one side. As soon as we had warm weather (I've found it is possible to blat without a coat or jumper) one of the shoulder belts cut in on her neck.

Adjusting the waist belt solved it though.

BTW did you see Angus's post on another thread a bit lower down offering his old harness? here

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!

see here

Edited by - Tom_C on 22 May 2006 23:33:32

Bruce,

having just replaced my Caterham/Luke harnesses (turnbuckle type) Ialso have a pair that are available (if Angus' have already gone) Similarly - if interested make me an offer via blatmail.

I think that I might also have the crutch strap for the drivers side aswell (if you're into that sort of thing),

Dave.

Once Bruce is sorted I am after a drivers side Caterham set.

I have upgraded from Luke one on the drivers side (but have fitted the passenger one)

So if I can find a drivers side newish set (the ones with caterham branding on the sholder strap and the turn buckle) in black, Bruce can have my black passenger luke ones. He can also have the drivers side one aswell to keep them as a pair

So a little Hijack - sorry

cheers

Nic

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here