Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Insurance

stormcp

I have a standard hpc which costs around £250 per year to insure on limited miles. A will be upgrading the engine power to around 230bhp will someone still insure me? how much will this cost? do they inspect the car? is this a pain? Any names? I am with eggar lawson at present.

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Recently I upgraded my Seven from ~135 to ~200 bhp - insurance was sorted out by a phone call to EL and handing over some money (about 50% increase in premium *eek*) - no inspection or paperwork to fill in.

Easiest thing to do is phone them up before the upgrade and just ask them - they'll be happy to provide a quote.

Dave

I upgraded my engine last year (with MSM) and it was painless in insurance terms - well, no hassle anyway.

Don't forget that you've proven your ability to handle a 7 with the standard HPC - you are a known-quantity now. If you'd jumped straight in with a 230bhp car with no previous experience, you'd find it harder/more expensive.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I would also recommend that you confirm in writing the changes in power including modifications and ask for an acknowledgement as I know of two club members who are having difficulties getting a revised documentation from their insurance broker *thumbdown*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*