Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough - BIG THANKS

smithj41

Me Sulking *wink*

I had a flu bug Friday got up at 5 am nice blue sky over London all packed and ready to go.....felt totally sh*te and went back to bed ☹️

Bit frustrating really after the late evenings in the garage ☹️ as I wanted to see how big a difference the suspension set ups had made....

So who did what and results, not many write ups on the day so far 🤔

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Sorry you weren't with us Bill. 'Twas a tad wet but not too bad and the day went very well thankfully. We're just grateful that we didn't have today for our club sprint, full storm and tempest today here with torrential rain, thunder and lightning. We called in at lunchtime and although it was "wettish" it wasn't too bad then but this afternoon has been awful!

There were a few club members there so how did the afternoon go if you were there ???

Barbara *smile*

p.s. thanks for the thanks - (you were all very well behaved!) 😬 *wink*

Hi Barbara

Great weather here for fish 😬 ☹️

Still any event that is wet where we all go home unscathed is good *thumbup* Sorry if anyone was unlucky and if that's not been posted.

See Roger and you all being well next time round :)

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 21 May 2006 20:04:33

Babera,

There were a few club members there so how did the afternoon go if you were there

Twas entertaining to say the least, but the L7 runners did get a run after lunch before heavens opened and turned the event into an aquatic freestyle event 😬.

I think its fair to say that nobody will need to cut the grass for a while most of us(well some more than others ) removed vast quatities in an effort to save wear on the tarmac.

And there were a few who got their pickies taken at the very end

Funny though there was defiunatley more Craic yeterday when there were more club members there.

Those Tin top boys definatleylack a sense of humour.

Moving to Newark and yes I do know what its an anagram for

Edited by - Delbert on 21 May 2006 21:32:36

Barbara, firstly thanks for all your efforts on Saturdays event *thumbup* *thumbup*

As you said Saturdays weather was a gorgeous compaired to the torrential rain endured by todays competitiors.

Pleased to say that it was one of us Seveners who posted the FTD & due to a major tyre advantage, this time it was an orange one 😬 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup*

Edited by - DSL on 21 May 2006 22:01:07

Again a BIG thanks to Roger & Barbara for a great day on Saturday *thumbup* 😬.

If you thought it was a bit wet at times on Saturday you should have stayed until Sunday - it was wet ALL the time. And to rub it in, the most torrential rain arrived just as we were packing up and everyone and everything got soaked.

Having said that it was still a most enjoyable day and I will never be nervous about competing in the rain again. Congrats to DSL for the FTD but only just pipping Brodie who ran all day on slicks *eek* How does that man do it 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Sounds like we missed quite a day on Sunday 😳 Sorry we had to rush off at the end of the day on Saturday (our Eurovision party beckoned - at it stayed dry for the BBQ *cool*). It was a brilliant day - thank you Roger, Barbara and everyone else who made the day a success *smile*

Another big thanks to all those he freely gave their time organising us all 😬

Sunday sounded interesting *eek*

Had to work my way through a list of jobs on Sunday whilst thinking of the poor sods "Rumbling"around my part of the country in the pouring rain, still if I leave SWMBO alone for a day what should I expect 🤔,oh and she went shopping too.

Martin

Just to add my thanks to the organisers and marshalls *thumbup*

Congratulations to Tam for fastest lady on Saturday . It was good to see more lady competitors *thumbup* *smile* Well done to Kate and Katie who both beat me 😳

A public well done to Kipper for his first ever class win in awful conditions on Sunday *thumbup* 😬 He realised that Stunners still grip in the wet 😬

Well done to Judith in her first event on Sunday - a true baptism in the rain

I had a great weekend despite the weather and being beaten by novices 😳

Mrs K

(still trying to dry out )

As a spectator on Sunday I have nothging but admiration for those who braved the rain - it was truly nasty but the sprinting was good fun to watch.

I have some random pics of Caterham drivers - if you post/ e-mail me your numbers I'll see if I can match them up and send you them.

Thanks to all who made Saturday a great day and especially Barbara, Roger, Alex et al for all the organisation! As usual it ran smoothly 😬

Good fun in the wet, more fun in the dry *thumbup*

Congratualtions to all the class winners!! There was some superb driving!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Yes - thanks to all - Congrats to Delbert for a weekend done well. Great timing, as you can get a trophy cabinet built into the new house in Newark! *tongue*

And I am very glad we got away when we did on Sunday - the weather and traffic were vile going home!

And yes, great Saturday organisation! *thumbup*

Het nemen van mijn Caterham aan Holland

Right - I have a handful of pics. Apart from GTD and Delbert. I have believe I have numbers:

946 - green + yellow nose ring - if this Kipper did you go out twice/ share the car?

948 - green with brooklands

54 - silver.

Drop me an e-mail and I'll send em to you.

Boonie

946 was Kipper and 46 was me in the same car.

We had 4 runs each in all, 2 practice runs in the morning and 2 timed runs in the afternoon.

We would be very interested in the photos please.

948 was EnglishmaninWales who was double driving with his wife (no:48)

Mrs K