Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Won't start

amosian

Just uncovered my k-series for the first time in approx 6 wks and it won't start. When I turn the ignition, I can hear the electrics come on but all that happens is the engine makes a noise like a machine gun. Also, whilst checking the electrics, I noticed that the indicator and hazard lights start flahing normally but get gradually quicker.

Any ideas, bearing in mind that I'm useless at this kind of thing and I barely know my a*** from my elbow with mechanical things?

Ta

The Caterham Banner battery is notorious for losing charge and the small drain from the immobiliser kills it 6Weeks without a Battery conditioner, Airflow or similar is enough to create the symptoms you describe. Disconnect the battery and get it charged. It is of course possible to jump start the car but mistakes can happen and bearing in mind your a**e Elbowe commentteeth.gif I suggest otherwise. Go and buy a conditioner, NOT a charger and every time you intend leaving the car for more than a few days clip it on. I only ever replaced one Battery in my car the conditioner has carried it through every winter since.smile.gif

jj

Edited by - Johnty lyons on 2 Feb 2002 18:32:59

• 2 weeks later...