Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec advice on buying second hand engine.

Bullman

In my local paper there is a zetec 2.0L engine advertised,the owner doesnt know the mileage or what vehicle its from.Could someone advise what to look for?Its to replace an xflow,which zetec is recomended pre 98 hydraulic?Post 98 mechanical?What other engine parts are required?IS the ECU required when using weber carbs instead of injection.Should I find the bores warn can larger pistons be fitted?Any information or advice would be greatly received.

Bullman

Localy I can buy a 1.8 or 2.0l Zetecs for about £250.00 to £300.00 pounds to put it in a Westfeild so should not be much differance you would need to change the sump for a low line one Dunnells do them on an exchange deal, then change the rod bolts Raceline do these, Light weight flywheel Dunnell or Raceline, Spigot bearing Ford part, clutch Mondao and a Capri relaese bearing if using a T9 box, A 1.8l water pump, new alternator bracket Westfeild or an other?? starter motor is CVH sierra, inlet manifold for carbs Raceline, ECU to run engine Racline or others,oil filter is a Crossland 695. The engine to go for is the Pre 98 one with a groved water pully and a one peice sump NOT a Focus engine its much harder to make it fit. I have all the Ford part numbers for my engine conversion if you need to you can ring me 01472 590325 tea times if you need any more detail look at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.jones37/index.htm