Click here if you are having website access problems ×

"CatStart" circuit - last 6 left

Chris W

I have now bought the components for the people who have ordered the "CatStart" circuit. (All the ON,OFF and START functions combined in one simple button).

Because of the quantities and price breaks involved, I have enough components left over for about another 6 of these circuits. If you would like one, please notify me on:

chris@cwyles.freeserve.co.uk

ASAP as I will sell them on a first-come-first-served basis. I have no plans to build a second batch as I have orders for other circuits to fulfill.

Price is £68. The unit is simple to fit and comes with detailed and easy fitting instructions.

As a reminder, the CatStart does the following:

CatStart: A single (big red) button. First push gives ignition ON, second push gives ignition OFF.

However, a second push which is held for 1 second will operate the starter motor and will continue to crank until the button is released. When the engine is running, a push will switch OFF the engine and the ignition. If the engine stalls, the ignition will remain ON until you either push for OFF or push and hold to recrank the starter.

So all the ON,OFF and START functions in one simple button.

Also, by means of an internal jumper selection, you have the choice of:

a). The first push switches the ignition ON immediately (great for track days etc) or

b). The first push needs to be held down for 3 seconds before the ignition switches ON. This gives a measure of security against some drongo in a carpark or your kids etc pushing the big red button. Nothing will happen unless the switch is held down for the required 3 seconds.

The existing immobiliser functionality is totally unaffected and fitting is simply a case of removing the 3 wires from the ignition switch (or existing switch/big red button) and plugging them into the circuit. If you ever sell the car and want to convert back, just replug the wires back on to the ignition switch. The CatStart uses standard spade connectors so it's fast and simple.

Email me today please if you would like to be on the list or have any questions - delivery will be about 2 weeks.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here