Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Complete Internal Exhaust System for a K series (with seperate cat)

Brucey

Now that I have changed to a side exit exhaust, Im not sure if I've upgraded or not!

The system for sale was fitted to my factory built 1993 1400Kss and consisted of:

4 into 1 manifold (2 bolt flange outlet from manifold)

Cat unit (2 bolt flange each end) held by bracket (located onto 2 starter motor bolts) in front of passanger footwell. (keeps passanger feet nice and warm!)

1 pipe with flex section from cat into 2 pipes running under car to each side at rear.

Silencer accross rear (under petrol tank) with 1 pipe in each side and tail pipe exiting each side at rear of car. (Effectively 2 silencers running across the back of the car in opposite directions).

All stainless steel. Includes all mounting brackets and fixings Passed cat MOT test 1 month ago.

This system must be one of the quitest available you could fit onto a 7 and would be ideal for touring. I could easily hold a converation at 80 mph, which is virtually impossible with the standard side exit system I have replaced it with.

Another advantage is that it is impossible to burn yourself (or your kids) with this system.

Performance wise, I havent really noticed a significant difference in performance, although the standard side system sounds like it's going twice as fast!

I took a few photo's before removing it from the car. Blat mail me if required.

Not sure if it shares any parts from a 21. The 21 systems I saw at Dunsford had longer tail pipes but a similar layout and the same tailpipe ends.

Anyone interested before I stick it on e bay?

Would like to get £100 (probably worth £50 in scrap metal!).

Bruce.

So you managed to complete the install of the new one then Brucey. Did you habve any problems finding the threads in the chassis rails or cutting the sideskin?

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Steve,

No problem finding the back one, Bruce from Arch gave me its location relative to the lower seat belt mount (1/2" front & 1/2" down). I put a new rivnut in for the front one (802mm from back one).

It got well tested getting to and driving around Dunsford last Saturday 😬 *thumbup* although I must admit after an hour of motorway driving I had to put my IPod earphones in!

I was a bit nervous putting the hole in the side skin, but it ended up spot on.

I actively seek out underground car parks and tunnels now!

Thanks for your help *thumbup*

Bruce.