Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Leather Tillet pads

CageyH

Cagey, I drove my new R300 with Carbon-Kevlar Tillets all the way from Mallorca to Belgium with an overnight stop near Perpignan : 1350 km from which +/- 1100 km on 1 day *eek* ...

I actually found them pretty comfortable *thumbup*, unlike SWMBO 😳 😬...

Cheers *wink*

Cagey,

if you only want them for the one journey then can I have first dibs on then when you sell them ? 😬

OR

If you are going to Oxted for them I'd be in for a bulk buy (if Oxted do that sort of thing and if there could be others interested ?)

Dave

Dave,

It will be two journeys *wink* minimum.

But if SWMBO likes them, they may become a semi-permanent feature.

If not, I guess I may even end up with leather seats 😳

I have a feeling new ones will have to be ordered, because I think these are as rare as half doors...

I will see if I can get a response from Oxted regarding a bulk buy, but I can't wait for the bulk buy.

I need them soon.

• Area Representative

Cagey / Dave,

I have already emailed Oxted for a bulk buy but they read the email (read receipt) and haven't bothered to reply to even tell me how much a single set are let alone a BB price! I think they are rarer than half doors cause at least I have got some of these!! Reverie make a similar product I think that Dusty Miller has in his car.

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

You may be interested to know that I have been to a local upholsterer and ordered a pair with leather facings from him. He will charge £300 for the pair, made to my spec. which I didn't think would be too bad,especially as they will have a big '7' motif the size of the grill embossed into the back of each one - maybe you could find someone local to you instead of getting them from Oxted, who didn't sound too keen.

Paul J. Life is what happens, while I'm planning something better!

Cagey,

The 250 km from Barcelona to Perpignan on day 1 took us almost 4 hours 😳 ... since we got stuck in heavy traffic in Barcelona ☹️. They really drive like madman down there 🙆🏻 ...

The 1100 km from Perpignan till home on day 2 took us a bit more then 11 hours (also 😳) ...

Cruising speed in France was between 130 & 140 km/hr ... but every +/- 275 km we had to stop for petrol so this slowed us down, although SWMBO was happy about this since this way she had a chance to stretch her legs 😬 ... The first leg of the journey, I got just over 300 km from one tank of petrol, but when we finally made it to the filling station, the Stack told us there was '0L' left *eek* ... so after that we pitted at 275 km *wink*.

Any tips : earplugs / intercom / MP3 player for SWMBO 😬 ...

Good luck 😬 *thumbup*

I have the MP3 player with Shure E2C's already.

An intercom would be nice, but I will be doing the long run down on my own 😳

SWMBO has to help a friend move in Toulouse that weekend.

Shoulkd be fun, as long as it does not rain!

Kev - you will have a blast!! Bringing 'wile' down last September was bliss and a great blast!

When are you arriving?

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources

Updated photos here

Dave,

I will be in Toulouse on the evening of the Saturday 3rd June.

I have allowed the day to drive down from Calais.

I'll be starting early to try and avoid traffic. Just need to plan a route around Paris.

Kev - I am away with work from the 3rd to the 12th, then off to Le Mans until the 19th. Catch up when I get back *thumbup*

Once a King, always a King...but once a night is enough

Updated photos here

Kev, how much fun it will be may depend on the weather. I left Dave's last tuesday morning, and had to stop every 100km or so due to the heat. 32 in the shade that day, and 39 in the shade the following day.

My main tips would be lots of water and definitely earplugs, I got home yesterday and my ears are still ringing.

Tom.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!

see here

*arrowup*Hope that was not my fault from dropping a couple of cogs and flooring it in the Foix tunnel Tom 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup*

Xflow noise - bliss *cool*

Once a King, always a King...but once a night is enough

Updated photos here