Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Perishing Hoses

Slow Hida

The hoses as originally fitted to my 93 X Flow are looking very tired.I would like to fit a new set of Samco type silicone hoses.

I contacted Demon Tweeks who quoted me 137 quid for a 3 hose set.It gets worse because the plain hose in the set was not long enough to accomodate both heater runs, so I need an additional hose.

I know this information has been posted before, but I would welcome advice on where I might get a set of Samco ( or equivalent)hoses more competitvely priced.

I do not want to put you off your purchase, I asked a friend of mine who races formular Ford a similar question. He has had some expensive experiences with these hoses. They apparently can come off very easily, and did so mid race, blowing his engine. He advises against using them. Has anyone else heard of similar problems?

Regards

Brian

A hose set for the Rover is on the Caterham site at £70 (plus the evil) so I think they will be more reasonable. You could then try Think Automotive for the striaght lengths you need.. have a look at http://www.thinkauto.com I found them to be a lot cheaper than most other places I looked at, and friendly service to. I currently have some red hose on order with them.

Phil Waters

2000 Zetec is in, waiting to start it up wink.gif