Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Low insurance first car for my daughter

RiF

Although she would love me forever I think a seven is not on 😬 but a Fiesta or Corsa would be ideal *wink* Small engined, oldish but not falling to bits car wanted. Must be reliable enough to drive from Portsmouth to the Borders (not sure daughter is able though!!).

Any Club members wife or children selling off anything like this *confused*

Would expect the normal 5 year guarantee and free insurance thrown in *wink* 😬 *wink* 😬

RiF Flying even faster in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Richard,

I think the lack of response must simply down to your perfectly reasonable expectation of 5 year guarantee and free insurance. Now if you asked for a 3 year guarantee and discounted insurance I'm sure people would be falling over themselves to help 😬

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Steve you think it was a little hopeful then *wink* My daughter has now set a date by which time she is expecting me to find her car!!!!! OK she is paying and I did say I would help but I do hate time limits 😬

RiF Flying even faster in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Hi Richard.

Dare I say it the best car for a student to go from Portsmouth to Hawick is a train. Does she REALLY need a car to get to college? Anathaema to some round here I know but does she really need the daily aggro of a car? Wouldn't a foreign holiday this summer with some friends be more fun?

If she really must then the local rag is your friend, there are some great cars around at £1000-1500. Then all you have to do is insure it. *eek*

How many taxis could she get in a year for the insurance premium? Would this leave enough to buy a bike? *wink*

Steve *smile*

Steve, it runs in the family *wink* car mad!!!!

She does do a lot of travelling and is sick and tired of busses and trains. Also when she stays with us she needs one or she will be stuck at home for 14 hours by herself.

As she is working and she is paying it is up to her but now she is nearly 20 years I think she has waited long enough. She will be travelling next year for Uni to Germany and China so this year is earn money. Night travelling back from job is not easy or safe in Portsmouth.

How is life in France????

Richard

I have very recently advertised a Rover 214Si in the for sale section of Blatchat. It is certainly cheap, I think it is very likely to be reliable too. Whether it will suit is a matter of personal choice though!!! *smile*. It really is a good honest car.